HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Vi Schorpp

Posted elsewhere; maybe someone can help

kindertender

I recently had a lumpectomy (9/12/08) Stage one invasive -lymph nods - negative. But found out my cancer is Her2Nu positive. I am scared! My doctor has recommended radiation and then Herceptin. I do not know much about it. I am knew to this support group and would like to here from others.

kindertender (janeen)
Her2++, ER & PR++
RB Mastectomy, 4 AC,
Vi Schorpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #2
Vi Schorpp

Hi Janeen

Welcome to the board. I had a mastectomy and no radiation, but I'm sure some others will respond. You can find a wealth of information by typing in "early stage treatment" or "Herceptin" in the
Quote:
search
pull-down menu above. It is the tab third from the right, and you can type in whatever you are trying to learn more about.

Anyone who is diagnosed is scared. With the wealth of information on this board being scared will change to feeling empowered.

Herceptin wasn't available for me 5 years ago when I was diagnosed and I wish I had been able to take it.

Take care, and feel free to ask questions and get familiar with the search engine above.
Her2++, ER & PR++
RB Mastectomy, 4 AC,
Vi Schorpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
sarah

I had a mastectomy and no radiation but since my cancer came back, I'm not sure about that decision however in 1999, you didn't get Herceptin unless it was metatastic. Definitely get the Herceptin.
Unfortunately the other decisions have to be yours. Go to another oncologist to get another opinion, same with a radiologist and surgeon. It sounds as if you have some time to breathe and research. Try to go with a relative or friend because I've found sometimes what I hear and my husband hears are different.
We've all been scared. Cancer is scary because you don't feel like you're ill. This is a great site for information.
hugs and love sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote