HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-23-2004, 05:37 AM   #1
Esther Butler

It's been 3 weeks since I found out that I have mets to the liver and bones. I'm still in shock! My first Herceptin treatment, my onc combined it with Taxol. The 2nd Her. treamtment was Her. alone, as he didn't think that I was strong enough for it.

I started Xeloda aBOUT 3 weeks ago also, but stopped because it made it impossible to keep anything down, even water.

I'm so scared to die!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 06:14 AM   #2
Lisa

I've sent you a private e-mail and really look forward to "meeting" you.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 02-23-2004, 09:04 AM   #3
Sherry in WV

Hang in there. I too, had BC with mets to liver and bone, and given 6 mos to live. That was one and one half years ago. Still here, some ups and downs, but here. This board is a wonderful place for courage and strength. Look at some of the profiles and other postings, maybe it will help. I am not minimizing how you feel, I felt same way then and became scared all over again when I had to go off my chemo before I had all treatments. The wonderful people on this board, called, emailed and answered me. I will say a special prayer for you.
Peace,
Sherry
Old 02-23-2004, 10:58 AM   #4
SueF2

I was dx with the very same thing in January. Even had a heart problem with the Herceptin requiring a 911 call and 7 days in the hospital.

But I never think about dying! Is there something wrong with me? I'm doing Navelbine and Zometa weekly (no more Herceptin).

Sue
Old 02-23-2004, 12:14 PM   #5
Steph N.

I am replying to let you know that there IS hope! Three weeks is not yet time to get used to your situation, and release the grip of fear. I was diagnosed with major mets to my liver just over 2 years ago. Tumors growing quckly and my outlook was not too good.
But, the chemo and herceptin stopped the tumors and then they started to shrink. I took a hard group of drugs together (taxol, navelbine and herceptin) and managed to do this weekly until the tumors were gone.
Your med onc should be able to find some combination that you can tolerate. You did not say what chemos you had been on already.
And if you are not satisfied with your doctor, do not hesitate to get another opinion as another doctor may have different ideas on what can help you.
Use your time to get some advice on foods, supplements and teas that can help your body strengthen and fight. I made some changes and I am certain they helped me.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:29 PM   #6
jessica

esther-
sending you prayers, faith & courage!!!it's all so scary, but there's is so much worth fighting for.please lean on us here for comfort, support, guidance...whatever you need!
i'm wondering why your onc has taken you off taxol...and how did he determine that you weren't "strong enough".maybe try weekly tx vs. every 3 weeks-the toxicity is much more manageable and the frequency of exposing those mets to chemo every week makes much more sense.i had "innumerable" liver mets & taxol/herceptin got me to NED.
don't give up!keep the faith!
Jessica