HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-20-2004, 10:09 AM   #1
Beth

Hi Hillarie,

I'll be 40 in March. I do my chemo on Fridays and take the rest of the day to myself also. Does your Onc think the Big treatments (every 3 weeks) have given you a better response than weekly? I have a friend that gets carbo and it cleared her right up she is almost NED. I am getting tired of the treatments also and you have been going quite longer than me! I have 2 girls ages 11 and 13. I bet your 5 1/2 year old keeps you busy. I can tell your keeping a positive additude. I hope your MRI in 6 months comes up clean for months/years so you can get the break you deserve!

Hugs,

Beth

Old 02-21-2004, 08:58 AM   #2
Anonymous

Hi Hillarie,

My birthday is March 4th. Wow 10 mets to the liver with 50% reduction that is something. I know that carbo is good stuff I hope she gets on it.

Hugs,

Beth
Old 02-22-2004, 11:11 AM   #3
Joannie

WOW! Alot of information here. I have a lingering question. I was diagnosed with bc in april of 2003. 3.3 cm, 1 node. Had a mastectomy, 4 A/C and 4 Taxol. I was ER/PR- and HER 2, 3++. According to my onc., I have done everything that I can do to this point. I continue to ask about clinical trials for prevention. I'm told that I can only take Herceptin if I have a reacurrance. I have been also told this by a nurse that heads up clinical trials in my area. I just want to stay on top of it and do whatever I can to keep it from coming back. So, is there ANYTHING I can do at this point as far as Herceptin or a vaccine, that you know of?
Thanks!
Old 02-22-2004, 04:15 PM   #4
Marcy

Dear Joannie,
I'm stage one and am receiving Herceptin every week and Herceptin/carboplatin/taxatere every three weeks. I have not had a recurrence and my insurance company is paying for the treatment. I would suggest that you look into the current trial (using Herceptin) for early stage cancer and/or that you shop around for an oncologist who will give you Herceptin off protocal. I did the latter. I can't see any reason to "wait" for a recurrence(not at all that it's inevitable, but I tend to be pessimistic). There is no evidence that I know of that Herceptin should be used for early stage cancer. I assume that's what they'll find out when the trial is over. But based on the incredible results that people are having with it after having a recurrence, I felt for myself that it would be my best line of defence.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:10 AM   #5
Joannie

One more question....Did you take Herceptin alone or with other chemo drugs? I'm done with all of my chemo and I didn't know if they would give you Herceptin alone. Thanks!