HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-30-2004, 06:13 AM   #1
Naresh

I feel not just husbands...but brothers, sons everymale should be an active participant. My sister is going thru the battle, her hubby is supporting her admirably and I believe being her brother I need to give her all the love, support and encouragement...I know she will come thru this!
Old 01-30-2004, 07:10 AM   #2
Ron, Cyndi\'s Husband

I agree! Everyone who has an interest in a lady with this disease may / should be included. We should remember though (my opinion) this portion of the board is for those with more immediate need.

Joe has graciously offered to set up a men - boys - caregiver portion to the site. I think with just a little encouragement this will happen.

I feel just like many of you, when anything (BC) involves someone I love, it involves me too. And I will probably have an opinion! And will PROBABLY express it!

This reminds me of the story about a bacon and egg breakfast. The chicken is involved in the meal, but the pig is committed! I have to remind myself of this from time to time. It is hard sometimes for me to step back and let Cyndi make the final decisions concerning her health and treatment. I see my role as finding and presenting options to her, but SHE has the right of acceptance or rejection! For me, this is the only way I could continue if the wheels off...

Thanks for reading,
ron
Old 01-30-2004, 08:59 AM   #3
jeff

Absolutely--I really want to support that. >From reading posts on this board (and others)I'm reminded again of how many people have to be (and want to be) involved with this battle...

Regards,
Jeff