HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2004, 03:41 AM   #1
Kay

I’m considering participating in the Phase II clinical trial for oral GW572016. This trial is open to those who have seen tumor progression while on Herceptin (my case). It apparently attacks both HER1 and HER2/neu receptor signals.

Are any of you currently on this trial or does anyone know anyone who is currently on this trial? This is an investigational drug and I would really appreciate getting more information about the side effects , results, etc.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:52 AM   #2
Steph N.

Must be very new. Would like to know more about this trial. What phase?
Where is it being offered? What company makes this drug?
What drugs did you try besides Herceptin? I am always looking for an alternative in case the Herceptin I am on ceases to be effective and tumors come back again.
Thanks for sharing, and all the best for a "win" on your side!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:31 PM   #3
Sandy

I didn't know there was a HER1 thought it was only HER2. I learn something new all the time. Keeps us going. Hugs, Sandy
Old 01-29-2004, 02:29 AM   #4
jeff

Hi,

I don't know anyone taking it, but just came across this piece about it, which suggests it is, approximately, a combination of herceptin and Iressa (also being tried together in some new clinical trials).
http://www.cancerlifecenter.com/?feature=vm8273
Good luck!
Jeff
Old 01-29-2004, 11:43 AM   #5
anonymous

I was on this trial for 4 months. It did hold things steady for a while but then my disease progressed. The main side effects for me were diarrhea and some mild acne. I used topical clindamycin for the acne. I was also tired on it and had a loss of appetite ( which wasn't so bad I needed to lose weight anyway. )

I hear that they have had some good long responses and I would definitely give it a try.

Good luck
Old 01-30-2004, 04:55 AM   #6
Steph N.

She wrote:
"I was on this trial for 4 months. It did hold things steady for a while but then my disease progressed"

Can you tell us what you took after that to combat the disease?? How is it working for you?
Always want to keep my ear to the ground for alternatives should I need them!
Old 01-30-2004, 06:54 AM   #7
anonymous

I am now on navelbine and herceptin and it is still too soon to tell if it is working.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:10 PM   #8
Amy

I have the same questions as Steph N. Where can I get information on this trial? Where is it being offered? What company makes the drug? What drugs have others tried previously besides Herceptin? Any information would be helpful. Thank you.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:50 PM   #9
anonymous

The drug is made by Glaxo Wellcome and is at multiple sites. There are actually 2 trials, one for women who progressed after first line chemo for mets with a taxane and herceptin and one for women who have had other chemos. You might either want to contact the drug company directly or go to centerwatch.com and they should have it listed. Just remember that there are 2 separate trials with 2 separate entry criteria. Good luck.