HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
kcherub

Angry Anyone else getting a cold over and over?!?

Hey, there! Okay, I am at my wits end here. Before treatment, I was never sick. Ever. I hadn't had a "cold" in about three years. Just in the last three months, I have had two and this last one (started two weeks ago today) seems to be coming back or just still lingering. It started with the sore throat, stuffy nose, then moved on to coughing up small mammals (LOL). I finally had the dry cough that comes at the end, for which I was thankful as I knew it was the end. That lasted for about a week. It was sometimes productive, sometimes not. THEN, today I have the sore throat again!

I hate being sick now, because I worry about everything else. When I started with the productive cough, I thought--Oh, Lord. It's lung mets. I know I am an idiot--my "colds" run the same course, so I should know what to expect. I thought that I might have the flu, as I was so BONE TIRED last week that I almost couldn't function. I also have chills and general body aches. That's a little better now, but I am still tired. It's almost like going through radiation again.

What do you guys take for the common cold? OTC, supplements, etc.? Give me anything, and I will try it all. I hate feeling like this. I did take a prescription Ibuprofen, Protonix and a Claritin today. I can't say that any of it helped.

Last week, all I took was Mucinex and Delsym (for 2 nights just to get some sleep). I had bloodwork just about three weeks ago, so I had to toss a blood cancer out. Yes, that is how my mind works now.

I told my husband that anyone who has had cancer should get a free pass on being sick in any other fashion for at least 5 years. At least!!!

Thank you (as always)...

Take care,
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

Last edited by kcherub; 11-15-2008 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: to capitalize "Lord", which would have driven me crazy had I left it that way.
kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote