HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-24-2006, 12:41 PM   #21
katcdale@yahoo.com

Location: Mississippi Delta, birthplace of the Blues, across the street from Super Chikan and down from Daddy Rich, with illiamWeejyRogers@myspace is(son),in a multicultural neighborhood ,flat for miles, with fields of cotton,soybeans, turning corn fields town, all musician come here, beside MS River,
katcdale@yahoo.com

Why are some of you having both breasts removed?? Did you have a genetic test run??? One was enough for me.--- Kat in the delta
katcdale@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #22
jsattaw

HI Kat in the Delta --

I opted for a complete hysterectomy with oopherectomy due to my 95% ER+ pathology. I didn't want to be on Tamoxifen but wanted to use an aromatase inhibitor and needed to be post-menapausal. I've seen some studies where the AIs are slightly better with Her2+ patients.

Jill
Old 03-24-2006, 01:44 PM   #23
DeborahNC

Kat,

I had both removed on this second go around with BC; 1st time had lumpectomy with 33 rads. I was emotionally drained from mammos every 3-6 months and the 2-6 times they would call me back into the mammo suite for additional films each time. My left breast was healthy, and I have absolutely not one regret that I had it removed along with the diseased one.
DeborahNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:08 PM   #24
Unregistered

Taxol

Are there any Stage 1 her2 +++, node negative women out there who have done lumpectomy, A/C, herceptin and radiation, but NOT TAXOL? Would appreciate to hear your experience on such a regimen.

Thanks, Jamie
Old 03-24-2006, 03:55 PM   #25
Michelle

Jamie,
My onc. said I really did not have to do taxol, but left the decision up to me. After a little research I decided the benefits of taxol and herceptin together were worth it. I figured what the heck-I had already done the AC might as well go all the way. My onc. did believe it was more than I needed, but I'am satisfied with the decision I made.
Best wishes
Michelle
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote