HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #21
katcdale@yahoo.com

Location: Mississippi Delta, birthplace of the Blues, across the street from Super Chikan and down from Daddy Rich, with illiamWeejyRogers@myspace is(son),in a multicultural neighborhood ,flat for miles, with fields of cotton,soybeans, turning corn fields town, all musician come here, beside MS River,
katcdale@yahoo.com

TO ALL YOU HER2WOMEN ONLINE, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN OR ARE YOU GOING TO BE ON HERCEPTIN as Preventative Reoccurring B.C.??????????? Is a Year the Norm?? RSVP----kat in the delta
katcdale@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:21 PM   #22
Jackie

Smile

Kat,

I was suppose to have Herceptin for a year as a preventive. I had it for 6 months and my MUGA dropped from 68 to 54. My onc. has taken me off of Herceptin for now. He said 6 months was enough considering the significant drop in my MUGA. I have and appt. with him on Tues. to discuss this further. I am in a study and my chemo. nurse told me that I was taken off because of the protcol of the study. They have patients all the time in the low 50s stay on Herceptin, just watching there MUGAs closely. I want to know if he is open to idea of putting me back on it if I come out of the study. I do think a year is norm. I have a close friend who was diag. right after me and she will remain on Herceptin for year, also.

Jackie
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:34 PM   #23
DianaK

Kat

I am so happy that I got the recon-it was worth all the discomfort.I never considered NOT getting recon.I had the nipple recon a month ago and get my areolas tattooed on in May.I also finish up my one year of Herceptin around then too!It has been a long haul,and barring a recurrence-I can slowly start to put this behind me.Diana
DianaK is offline   Reply With Quote