HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-23-2005, 09:44 PM   #1
Esther

I couldn't believe the results of today's CA 27-29.

I was originally diagnosed with liver and bone mets in 2/04. Underwent treatment with Herceptin/Navelbine/Xeloda until end of Feb. of 05.

At that point, I was just chemo weary, and needed a break. for the past 3 months I have been on Herceptin only, and trying some dietary changes and supplements.

The worry was that my tumor markers and liver enzymes would start to creep up, necessitating a return to chemo.

Well, my latest blood test showed all my liver enzymes as normal, and my CA 27-29 for the first time in the 18 months post stage 4 diagnosis was in the normal range. It was 32!!!

Wow! I didn't know that was possible, to continue to improve while on Herceptin only.

For now, I'm going to continue everything the same, and hope this lasts....
Old 05-23-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
StephN

OH! Esher!
I am so happy for you. ;)
Had a feeling that might turn out to be the case as you have had a lot of chemo in the past year and those two spots were not moving lately. And things were otherwise going too well for you to not be almost NED - and now you are!
Head out with the boat and hubby to Vegas and have an absolute ball knowing that you do not need to return for more chemo.
This news is a real lift to all of us, but only you know how good it will feel to stay on that "chemo break!"
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:36 AM   #3
Sandy H.

Esther, that is so AWESOME!! I am so happy to hear this from you. We have been patiently waiting for this as you have. You have been strong and positve through this past year. I know you have been enjoying life and now it will be even more enjoyable and will seem like a miracle. Our prayers were answered and so we continue to move on. Sending you big hugs, Sandy
Old 05-24-2005, 09:17 AM   #4
Mickey

To Esther and Steph: I am NED from the neck down and am looking to do dietary changes after WBR. Please tell me what you two are doing regarding suppliments and diet. You both seem so successfull
Mickey
Old 05-24-2005, 09:35 AM   #5
Esther

I am ER+ PR+ & Her2+++. I am continuing on Herceptin every 3 wks.

These are the supplements I have been taking:

CoQ10 400 mg taken first in the morning on an empty stomach
Vit D3 ( for bone mets)
Vit B12 injections 3 x's a week ( I give these to myself)
Vit C
Iscador injections 2 x's a week ( I give them to myself)
Livatone Plus
combo that includes selenium, Milk Thistle, and vit B1, B2, B3, B6

Flax oil/Flax seed mixed w/ Cottage Cheese or yoghurt, blended into a smoothie with fruit, a little water, and honey. 2 x's a day

Other than this, I eat a 90% vegetarian diet, and try to eat fresh foods, avoiding preservatives, additives or coloring.

I don't know if this has helped or not...but I feel great now! We're going to Las Vegas this week-end, taking the boat, and I intend to water ski my heart out at Lake Mohave!

For those of you that don't remember, in Feb 04, when I was diagnosed with liver and bone mets, my liver was failing, it was completely covered with tumors. On the ct scan, you could barely see the liver past all the tumors. I had jaundice, my skin was yellow, my eyes were yellow, and my onc told his nurses he wasn't sure if he would see me walking through the door at his office again.

I was the sickest liver mets patient my onc had ever seen. And this was at the Loma Linda University Breast Cancer Center.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:01 PM   #6
pam

Esther -

HOORAY!! What great, great news. You have been through so much, and have stayed strong and positive. I am hoping that all your tests stay normal for a long long long time. Enjoy the summer on water skis! Pam
Old 05-24-2005, 01:43 PM   #7
brittany

That is so wonderful!!! Have a great time in Vegas! Thank you for sharing your good news. I will definitely pass it on to my Mom.

Brittany
Old 05-24-2005, 06:14 PM   #8
Velva

Esther, Congrats! You definitely deserve, and have reason to celebrate. V
Old 05-24-2005, 06:54 PM   #9
joy

Way to go Esther. I'm so excited for you. Thank you for sharing.
Love, Joy
Old 05-24-2005, 09:33 PM   #10
Lisa

Incredibly terrific! I"ve just breathed a big sigh of relief for you. Keep it up, girlfriend.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 05-25-2005, 07:49 AM   #11
Rozebud

Congrats :) ! What great news.
Rozebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 03:12 AM   #12
eric

YEA!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2005, 02:02 PM   #13
Hope

Congrats! to you Esther. I met you in San Diego about a year ago at a brunch that you coordinated. I also live un the So. San Diego area, Bonita, California. You were so positive when I met you. I still need to e-mail you regarding gettinga second opinion from Dr. Pegram. You are a great inspiration to us all. Keep us udated!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:13 AM   #14
sarah

Congrats Esther!
It's always great to hear success stories.
I read with interest that as a triple positive you are taking flax see oil and milk thistle - I thought this were not good for us triple positives??? Have you learnt differently?
All the best for continued good health
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:02 PM   #15
RhondaH

Smile Congratulations Esther!

I TOO hope these results continue for you. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote