HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #101
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Need input!

On Long Island (NY) I had two additional oncologist's. One in Manhattan. One in Westchester. Both requested I bring CTs to them for their radiologists to review.

This was 1999. All my many CTs were STABLE showing same tumors in liver. I had multiple tumors throughout liver too many to count from the getgo. So what they saw was what remained. After Taxotere 9 mnths and Herceptin 7 months at that time.

I got copies of MY Ct's which we all have a right to, from the Imaging Center and I subsequently collected copies after every CT (waiting back in waiting room for 10 minutes to get them).

I took the CTs to both oncs who each had their radiologist read them.

Both independent radiologists who did not know each other (one in Manhattan with Mt. Sinai), one in Westchester with radiologist previously from Sloan Kettering) -- said the same thing.

WHAT I AM LOOKING AT IS NOT TUMORS. THEY LOOK MORE LIKE NECROTIC TISSUE. THEY ARE CYST-LIKE, FILLED WITH FLUID.

Both radiologists said -- I WAS STABLE WITH NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE.

From that moment on I decided to listen to radiologist #2 and #3.

I have remained STABLE WITH NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE SINCE APRIL OF 1999.

I remained on Herceptin till 2008.

Been off tx since.

Still STABLE.

Still happy.

I would have insisted on a biopsy before tx. It is our right.

I see you write you have no choice and I remember thinking when I first saw you write those words it didn't sit well with me.

Forgive me for being blunt, but we always have a choice. We are talking about our body and our life !

I informed my oncs that I was a part of the team. I was a part of the decision making.

I was moved to say that because one onc had made a decision to give me more Taxotere than the stated, conventional protocol at the time (1998/1999).

I also had a Florida onc. I spent half the time on Long Island and half the time in Boca. I carried a FLOW SHEET from onc to onc, to keep everyone on the same page.

When I got to Boca Dec of 1998 I felt like total crap. I could barely walk (I shuffled and kept tripped as I couldn't lift my leg/foot enough to clear the floor) and I could barely speak above a whisper.

I had a pleural effusion and a peri cardial effusion from the Taxotere among many awful side effects that were painful and debilitiating.

My Boca onc looked at the flow sheet and said OH NO WONDER YOU FEEL AS YOU DO. YOU HAD AN EXTRA WEEK OF TAXOTERE THAT YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO HAVE. NO BODY CAN TAKE THAT MUCH TAXOTERE.

When I got home I called my very much loved Long Island onc and was told by his nurse that well DOCTOR DECIDED YOU WERE DOING SO WELL (WITH SHRINKAGE) THAT HE WOULD GIVE YOU AN EXTRA WEEK.

That should have been discussed !! Well, it was the doctor's decision.

NO. NO. NO. I am a part of the decision making panel. I am on the team !!

And I made that clear to all my oncs. As I say, we were talking about my body and my life. I may have chosen or been persuaded to do the same thing but I should have been given the choice.

That's my take.

I don't mean to be blunt or rude. Forgive me if I sound it. But I feel passionately about this. And yes, I am outspoken. I feel it's my responsibility to share what I've learned with friends. That's what good friends do. Hell, I would share my thoughts with strangers. You can always ignore me. Just hear me out.

I love you, Juls, and I love you all.

I am always on YOUR side! Always !!

Hugs to all,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:06 PM   #102
Juls

Hi Andi
Thanks for your reply.

As you know I was not happy with decision (re Xeloda & Zometa) last year when bone met found & told Onc so. I felt the decision was made without me being included & I was never 100% that Xeloda was right for me! I felt that as I am high Er+ & Pr+ that this was not being treated -Xeloda and an AI can't be given together (I did take it for 12 months. Liver met re-grew in same place over last 11 weeks.) It was just a gut reaction it wasn't right for me. I know it works for many others. They offered nothing else and I felt I had no option but to take it.
Yet here I am again - walking into ward 3 weeks ago unaware CT showed progression & not knowing that they had already had a meeting regarding my treatment. Nurse looking uncomfortable and telling me she didn't know whether to call and tell me over the phone priot to my appt. because we had never discussed protocol. Rubbish - she has called numerous times! This trial was only option given. Yes - I did ask for other options! Both Oncologists saying that this is best option. My current Onc mentioned an AI to tide me over until after my Daughters wedding and then they would look at me again (Guessing it would be another chemo) but trial would then be closed..This trial includes Kadcyla and this is only way to get it here. Apparently the drugs available in my area are getting less and less mainly due to cost. Even if they apply to Health Board for Kadcyla outwith trial I have a 99% chance of not getting it. So seems pointless.
I got a call today re Ct and Echo - got appt. for tomorrow 1st thing. Got them to add on blood tests as well to save a double journey. Doesn't look like I will start this week - more likely next Thursday. If I don't carry this PD ligand(?) not sure what will happen.

This Phase 2 trial is only allowing about 200 worldwide & it closes in a few weeks. If I do any kind of treatment (AI,Ablation,chemo etc.) or if I delay I am excluded. So between a rock and a hard place!!"
Trial is an immunotherapy drug ( 2 in 3 chance of getting it) and Kadcyla ( all patients get it)
Will update when I get any other info.
Re - Biopsy - not needed at moment for trial. I asked for ablation but told no as I would be excluded from trial plus new Onc. doesn't believe in ablation.
Is it just me!!
Juls

Last edited by Juls; 03-03-2017 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: wording
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #103
Juls

Had Ct and Echo today.
Heart fine!
CT - got to wait for report. Normally CT scan is of chest,abdomen and pelvis. Today it also included head. Never had that before & wish I had been told in advance.

Met new Nurse for 1st time. Trial blood tests and ECG done. Found out that the 1st patient on trial started last week & already another 4/5 being considered.
I asked if she knew of any options if I didn't get on this trial. Her reply was another chemo!
Did find out that tumour test back and results good for trial.
The downside is they say I can't start for another week. Which means 5 weeks since last treatment.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:15 AM   #104
Juls

Yesterday I started new immunotherapy drug trial.
Also got CT report -
Brain - OK!
Liver - lesion grown 1.2 cm in a few weeks! A bit concerned about that.
Fortunately only change is in liver and it is in exactly the same spot as 4 years ago.

Thought I was off treatment too long but met another Lady waiting to start same trial who has been off treatment since beginning of January. She can't start trial for another 1 to 2 weeks!

Started at 12 - got out at 5 pm. No idea if given placebo or immuno drug. Had a bit of tightness in forehead and lower back when 1st drug given but that was all.

New oncologist questioned me about right hip as Ct report went into great detail about "hip fracture" Apparently 2 radiologists studied the scan. Had to give him whole scenario of last years panic. That was good enough for him. He couldn't understand how if I had major problem with hip I was not in pain or limping!
So far today- feel fine. Long may it last!
Juls
Old 03-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #105
TiffanyS

I’m glad your brain is okay Juls. I have my second brain MRI in a few weeks, and I hope it’s clear!

Sorry to hear that your liver met grew so much in the last few weeks. You’re on treatment now though, and I hope the TDM-1 gets rid of it. Even if you don’t get the immunotherapy drug, at least you’re getting that!

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
12/15 – First mammogram
01/16 – Second mammogram and ultrasound.
01/16 – Meet surgeon and go for third mammogram, second ultrasound and biopsy. Surgeon confirms cancer in left breast and lymph nodes and sets surgery date.
01/16 – Chest scan and bone scan done– all looks good.
02/16 – Surgery - left breast mastectomy and 16 lymph nodes removed (8 had cancer).
02/16 – CT scan done – small nodules on lung but Doctor advises it’s post surgical. They will continue to monitor just in case.
03/16 – Meet radiation oncologist and find out results of Pathology Report. I’m told that I have locally advanced breast cancer, based on the size of my tumour (7 cm!) and the fact that they found cancer cells in eight lymph nodes. I’m also told that I’m HER 2 positive, with high levels of estrogen and progesterone and that my cancer is stage 3, grade 2.
03/16 – Meet oncologist and am told that my cancer is actually grade 3, and that I should have done chemo before surgery. Too late now!
03/16 – Start first of six doses of chemo (Carboplatin and Docetaxal) and Herceptin (for 18 months).
04/16 – Have port put in.
04/16 – Get second dose of chemo, but Docetaxal is left out due to liver enzymes being high. I was unable to get a full dose of Docetaxal after my first treatment.
06/16 – Finished chemo! One month off and then I start radiation.
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
07/16 – First radiation treatment – 24 more to go!
08/16 – Went for Genetic Testing to see if I have the BRCA gene. Tested negative for BRCA I and II
08/16 – Radiation oncologist biopsies “scar tissue” on my chest wall. I am told that I have a local recurrence and need to have rush surgery.
09/16 – Meet surgeon who advises that I need to meet with a plastic surgeon, as they will need to do a skin graft to close me up after surgery. Meet plastic surgeon and all looks good. A surgery date is set for October 4.
09/16 – Go for rush ultrasound, bone scan, breast MRI and CT scan.
09/16 – Meet oncologist who advises that the ultrasound and bone scan results look good, and that MRI shows three small masses at surgery site, but lymph nodes are clear. Still awaiting the results of the CT scan, but we are positive it will look good.
09/16 – Get a call from my oncologist, who advises that CT scan shows small spots on my lungs, and a large lymph node in the middle of my chest. This means the cancer has spread! She looks into getting me funded for TDM-1 and cancels my surgery.
10/16 – Meet oncologist, who advises that I have to take Perjeta before I can take TDM1. I start Perjeta/Herceptin every three weeks for an indefinite amount of time, and Taxol, which I will take two weeks in a row with one week off and then two weeks in a row for 8-16 treatments. Stop Tamoxifen.
10/16 – Meet surgeon, who reviews my CT scan and advises that the spots on my lungs may not be cancer, and that he doesn’t see a lymph node in my chest. He thinks it’s a spot on my lung. I’m feeling very confused! He advises that my oncologist doesn’t want me to have surgery to remove the three small masses on my scar line, as she wants to use them as a way to determine if the treatment is working. He advises that if they have not shrunk in 6 months, he will revisit surgery.
10/16 – CEA blood test to determine Tumour markers. Results were normal (2.7). My doctor advises that this could mean two things: (1) that the treatment is working, and the tumours are shrinking, or (2), that I'm one of those people who never get elevated CEA levels. Given that some people never get an elevated CEA level, this test doesn’t seem very accurate to me! Asked for PET scan, but am told I don’t qualify.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
11/16 - CA-15-30 blood test – Tumour markers are normal at 19.
11/16 – Second CEA blood test – Tumours markers are still normal at 1.6
11/16 – Second CA-15-30 bloot test – Tumour markers are still normal at 19
11/16 – Develop lymphedema and have to wear a sleeve
12/16 – CT Scan shows that the tumors on my lungs and the lymph node in the middle of my chest are shrinking, and that some have resolved. Also, the small masses along my scar line are no longer visible. This means the medication is working!
12/16 – Small “pimple” shows up where old tumour on chest wall was located. Doctor is going to monitor it for now.
01/17 – A second “pimple” shows up on chest wall, as well as a small lump under the skin. My doctor thinks it’s scar tissue and will monitor it for now.
0/17 – Started to develop severe back pain – worried the cancer has spread to my spine
03/17 – CT Chest scan scheduled to see if there’s improvement to chest and lungs. If results the are good, I get to stop taking Taxol!
03/17 – Second brain MRI scheduled
TiffanyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #106
Juls

Hi All

Have been on this trial with Kadcyla & Tecentriq/or placebo for 6 months.
Liver met reduced to under 7 mm on CT 4 weeks ago.(It was 3.5 cm at start of trial)
Side effects change every cycle but none are terrible.

Hit a problem last week as bilirubin too high and as per trial protocol I was not allowed 10th cycle. Wasn't expecting that!

Oncologist says he is not worried & I've not to worry either!
Next cycle to be in 3 weeks. Would have been happier if it was this week

Has anyone else had this on Kadcyla?

Juls
Old 09-13-2017, 01:00 AM   #107
donocco

Jules

Tecentriq is not an anti Her 2 Neu drug. It is a PD1 inhibitor like Kaytruda (pembrolizumab).It can cause immune related side effects like imune related hepatitis, colitis etc. I think the oncologist is just being cautious.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:01 AM   #108
Juls

Hi Paul

Thanks for reply.
You are probably right about oncologist being cautious.

Just read info on immune related hepatitis so would prefer not to go there! I have a 1 in 3 chance of being on Tecentriq.

Think I'll just take the break & hope it clears all side effects so I can get 10th cycle & many more.

Thanks again Paul

Juls
Old 10-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #109
Juls

Another long day at hospital.

Only half of blood test came back in morning - the important result (bilirubin) held up in bio-chemistry lab as machinery broke down! 6 hours later told that I could have treatment as bilirubin down to 27. (max allowed is 30 and under)

It seems that the 3 of us on the trial have all hit problems in last 3-6 weeks. We are all on different cycles - 1 on 5th cycle, 1 on 8th and myself on 9th.
1 had treatment withheld for 3 weeks because of severe pain.
1 for inflammation. So she has decided to continue with Kadcyla only & drop trial drug - but remains in the trial!
& me with high bilirubin.

10th cycle received. Fingers crossed.

Anyone-else on this trial?

Juls

Last edited by Juls; 10-01-2017 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: addition
Old 10-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #110
Carol Ann

Fingers crossed for you, Juls!

Carol Ann
July 24, 2013: "Infected" Right Nipple and benign cyst removed, pathology report revealed Paget's, DCIS, and ILC 1.25 cm, ER+/Pro+/HER2 equivocal, Grade 2 under benign cyst, previous diagnostic mammo/ultrasound said I was perfectly healthy in both breasts.

Aug 18, 2013: MRI report says Left breast is perfectly healthy "consistent with previous studies".

Sept 2013: I insist on a bilateral mastectomy anyway. Too nervewracking to let left breast remain with higher risk after 3 cancers in right, nipple in right is already gone anyhow.

Sept 18, 2013: Bilateral mastectomy, 11 right nodes removed, ALL negative BUT -- ER+/PRO+/HER2+ tumor, 1.0 cm, Grade 2 found in a piece of "grossly unremarkable" breast tissue from prophylactic mastectomy of left breast, no nodes removed.

Oct 25, 2013: 13 left side nodes removed, ALL negative, Stage 1 across the board, NO RADS needed, YAAAAY! Port also installed.

Nov 25, 2013 Begin 6 rounds TCH.

March 10, 2014 Just finished 6th and LAST Chemo today, YAAAAAY!

March 24, 2014 Echocardiogram to make sure I'm still good for Herceptin every 3 weeks.

March 31, 2014 Echo results NORMAL, first Herceptin all by itself. Now if only my eyes would stop streaming from the Taxotere ... :)

April 21, 2014 Started Arimidex and therapy for "mild" lymphedema in left hand and arm

May 2014 Therapy completed, I have sleeves and gloves for both arms, a Flexi touch lymph pump to hook up to for an hour every day, and I've become an arm bandaging expert. :)

June 2014 Begin Fosamax to prevent osteoporosis; bone scan revealed osteopenia

Nov 17, 2014 FINAL Herceptin!

Dec 4, 2014 My right thigh muscle has been extra achy for days ... I discover a blister rash cluster on the side of my right thigh while taking a shower. Port appointment cancelled until Dec 17, my doc is working me in tomorrow afternoon to see me and the rash. My muscle at least feels less achy.

Dec 5, 2014 Yep, I have shingles. Boo! I start acyclovir and also have a prescription for a painkiller just in case for over the weekend.

Dec 17, 2014 Port is OUT!

January 2016 Shingles again and this time it started where my left breast (where the hidden HER2+++ tumor was!) used to be. My onc nurse got me a same day appointment to see my doc when I called and told her I had a rash on the site. The antiviral meds are working once again, though, so that is good news. :)
Carol Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:59 PM   #111
valleygirl

I'm currently on TDM1 and Keytruda. Currently stable
Old 10-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #112
MaineRottweilers

Fingers crossed that things stay good for you, Juls.
5/1/13 IDC ER/PR- HER2/neu+++
5/14/13 Mastectomy and SN biopsy
5/20/13 IDC Stage IIb Grade 3 Nodes 1/4 also IDC and DCIS multi focal in remaining dissected tissue.
5/30/13 MUGA and CT thorax, abdomen & pelvis, establish baseline.
6/4/13 Installed my little purple power port.
6/14/13 Chemo started TCH
6/14/13 Informed of suspicious ares on scans scheduled PET.
7/1/13 PET Scan NED!
9/27/13 FINAL CHEMO taken! ----well, maybe not.
10/15/13 Three little tattoos.
10/24/13 Radiation begins and fourth tattoo placed.
11/27/13 Perfectly radiant! Radiation completed the day before Thanksgiving and so, so much to be thankful for this year and every day hereafter.
1/2/14 Happy New Year, you have a Goiter? Muga down to 59%.
1/17/14 Hashimoto's Dz Dx'd. Now maybe I'll feel BETTER!
5/2/14 Herceptin completed! New kitten!
8/19/14 Prophylactic mastectomy (right) and PORT OUT! I'm DONE and now I really am a SURVIVOR.
2/15 Started not feeling so swell. Memory lapses and GI issues with nausea and blurry vision.
4/30/15 U/S cystic gallbladder, cyst on right ovary and mass in my uterus. GYN consult scheduled---and cancelled. I'm not ready.
5/4/15 Brain MRI clear (big sigh of relief)
7/30/15 Back Pain
8/31/15 Radiograph: compression fracture L2
9/10/15 Bone Scan positive
9/21/15 CT scan conclusive for tumor
10/1/15 CT guided biopsy & Brain to Pelvis MRI reveal additional lesions on spine C6, T10, T11 and L2 is collapsing.
10/8/15 Abbreviated pathology: new tumor(s) poorly differentiated carcinoma consistent with known breast primary.
ER-/PR+ (40%)
HER2/neu+++ Ki-67 4% Pancytokeratin AE1/3 Strong Positivity in all malignant cells.
10/13/15 Abnormal Dexa: moderate risk of fracture to both femoral head/neck R&L. Significant risk to lumbar spine.
10/14/15 Radiation consult back to the cooker.
10/20/15 MUGA 50% down from 54% after a year off Herceptin (???)
10/21/15 Kyphoplasty L2
10/22/15 Re-start Chemo: Perjeta, Herceptin & Taxotere
10/26/15 PET Scan confirms C6, T10-11, L2, new lesion noted at L4 but no visceral involvement---Happy dance!!!
10//29/15 Xgeva
10/29/15 Radiation Simulation--three new tattoos to add to my collection. Just call me Dotty.
10/30/15 CA27-29 63 U/mol (<38 U/mol)
11/3/15 First Trip to see Dr. E. Mayer at DFCI
11/4/15 Surgical consult to re-install my little purple power port.
11/9/15 Radiation treatment one of five.
11/10/15 Installed my little purple power port and not a moment too soon, took them four tries to get an IV started today.
Yes, we really are going down this road again.
12/5/15 CT for suspected pulmonary embolism demonstrates increase in T10-11 mets.
12/8/15 Bone Scan uptake at T10-11 (not seen 9/17/15) & Right 8th Rib (not evident on PET 10/26/15)
12/10/15 Consult Re: PROGRESSION. Halt THP due today. Schedule PET and order TDM1 for next week. PLAN B.
12/14/15 PET scan: NO PROGRESSION! THP is working, metabolic activity minimal. Merry Christmas to me! Sticking with PLAN A, it's working.
1/7/16 Start Taxol weekly instead of Taxotere (has been too taxing and not rebounding between txs.) Zometa instead of Xgeva.
3/28/16 CT shows new sclerotic lesions on T12, L3, L5, L6, right ilium and head of right femur. No uptake on Bone Scan (progression????)
3/31/16 Discontinue Taxol start Arimidex, still getting H&P.
6/2/16 Discontinue Arimidex and start Exemestane.
6/18/16 PET is NEAD!!
7/1/16 Discontinue Exemestane and restart Armidex (SEs)
8/29/16 CT/Bone Scan Stable (still uptake at T10-11)
10/3/16 BSO pathology negative
10/10/16 MRI: Brain clear!
10/14/16 Switched care to Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care
11/24/16 Xgeva, New MO preference to Zometa
12/12/16 CT/Bone scan Mostly stable significant uptake at L2 plan to PET
1/12/17 PET shows NEAD celebrate with a new puppy!
3/29/17 CT & BS = NEAD
7/31/17 Aetna denies access to H&P <gearing up for a fight>
8/4/17 CT& BS= STABLE
8/9/17 No treatment, Aetna still denying H&P
8/14/17 Aetna appeal approved H&P through February 2018!
2/5/18 CT & BS = STABLE

//
MaineRottweilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #113
Juls

Thanks Traci
So far - so good!!

How is H & P going?
Old 10-10-2017, 09:42 AM   #114
MaineRottweilers

Pretty smoothly for the most part. GI issues and the itch they say is not related to Perjeta and is not a neuropathy...even though it follows a nerve up my left arm and across my collar bone. I'll take it though! It's all worth it to keep living and breathing. I am incredibly fortunate to be well and NEAD for two years. Hooray for us!!!
5/1/13 IDC ER/PR- HER2/neu+++
5/14/13 Mastectomy and SN biopsy
5/20/13 IDC Stage IIb Grade 3 Nodes 1/4 also IDC and DCIS multi focal in remaining dissected tissue.
5/30/13 MUGA and CT thorax, abdomen & pelvis, establish baseline.
6/4/13 Installed my little purple power port.
6/14/13 Chemo started TCH
6/14/13 Informed of suspicious ares on scans scheduled PET.
7/1/13 PET Scan NED!
9/27/13 FINAL CHEMO taken! ----well, maybe not.
10/15/13 Three little tattoos.
10/24/13 Radiation begins and fourth tattoo placed.
11/27/13 Perfectly radiant! Radiation completed the day before Thanksgiving and so, so much to be thankful for this year and every day hereafter.
1/2/14 Happy New Year, you have a Goiter? Muga down to 59%.
1/17/14 Hashimoto's Dz Dx'd. Now maybe I'll feel BETTER!
5/2/14 Herceptin completed! New kitten!
8/19/14 Prophylactic mastectomy (right) and PORT OUT! I'm DONE and now I really am a SURVIVOR.
2/15 Started not feeling so swell. Memory lapses and GI issues with nausea and blurry vision.
4/30/15 U/S cystic gallbladder, cyst on right ovary and mass in my uterus. GYN consult scheduled---and cancelled. I'm not ready.
5/4/15 Brain MRI clear (big sigh of relief)
7/30/15 Back Pain
8/31/15 Radiograph: compression fracture L2
9/10/15 Bone Scan positive
9/21/15 CT scan conclusive for tumor
10/1/15 CT guided biopsy & Brain to Pelvis MRI reveal additional lesions on spine C6, T10, T11 and L2 is collapsing.
10/8/15 Abbreviated pathology: new tumor(s) poorly differentiated carcinoma consistent with known breast primary.
ER-/PR+ (40%)
HER2/neu+++ Ki-67 4% Pancytokeratin AE1/3 Strong Positivity in all malignant cells.
10/13/15 Abnormal Dexa: moderate risk of fracture to both femoral head/neck R&L. Significant risk to lumbar spine.
10/14/15 Radiation consult back to the cooker.
10/20/15 MUGA 50% down from 54% after a year off Herceptin (???)
10/21/15 Kyphoplasty L2
10/22/15 Re-start Chemo: Perjeta, Herceptin & Taxotere
10/26/15 PET Scan confirms C6, T10-11, L2, new lesion noted at L4 but no visceral involvement---Happy dance!!!
10//29/15 Xgeva
10/29/15 Radiation Simulation--three new tattoos to add to my collection. Just call me Dotty.
10/30/15 CA27-29 63 U/mol (<38 U/mol)
11/3/15 First Trip to see Dr. E. Mayer at DFCI
11/4/15 Surgical consult to re-install my little purple power port.
11/9/15 Radiation treatment one of five.
11/10/15 Installed my little purple power port and not a moment too soon, took them four tries to get an IV started today.
Yes, we really are going down this road again.
12/5/15 CT for suspected pulmonary embolism demonstrates increase in T10-11 mets.
12/8/15 Bone Scan uptake at T10-11 (not seen 9/17/15) & Right 8th Rib (not evident on PET 10/26/15)
12/10/15 Consult Re: PROGRESSION. Halt THP due today. Schedule PET and order TDM1 for next week. PLAN B.
12/14/15 PET scan: NO PROGRESSION! THP is working, metabolic activity minimal. Merry Christmas to me! Sticking with PLAN A, it's working.
1/7/16 Start Taxol weekly instead of Taxotere (has been too taxing and not rebounding between txs.) Zometa instead of Xgeva.
3/28/16 CT shows new sclerotic lesions on T12, L3, L5, L6, right ilium and head of right femur. No uptake on Bone Scan (progression????)
3/31/16 Discontinue Taxol start Arimidex, still getting H&P.
6/2/16 Discontinue Arimidex and start Exemestane.
6/18/16 PET is NEAD!!
7/1/16 Discontinue Exemestane and restart Armidex (SEs)
8/29/16 CT/Bone Scan Stable (still uptake at T10-11)
10/3/16 BSO pathology negative
10/10/16 MRI: Brain clear!
10/14/16 Switched care to Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care
11/24/16 Xgeva, New MO preference to Zometa
12/12/16 CT/Bone scan Mostly stable significant uptake at L2 plan to PET
1/12/17 PET shows NEAD celebrate with a new puppy!
3/29/17 CT & BS = NEAD
7/31/17 Aetna denies access to H&P <gearing up for a fight>
8/4/17 CT& BS= STABLE
8/9/17 No treatment, Aetna still denying H&P
8/14/17 Aetna appeal approved H&P through February 2018!
2/5/18 CT & BS = STABLE

//
MaineRottweilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #115
Juls

Good to know.
I had H & P on a trial for 20 months. Found it ok to do - but I was the only one not to have the itch! Most of the ladies said once off perjeta - itch stopped!

Juls
Old 10-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #116
Juls

Well - this trial is up and down!
I'm off treatment again as bilirubin up. Only plus this time is that if bilirubin under 30 next week I should get treatment.
So far I haven't been to bad but others having inflammation, joint pain and immune system side effects.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #117
Juls

Hi Valleygirl
How are you finding TDM-1 and Keytruda?
It seems similar to trial I'm on - TDM-1 & Tecentriq (Targets PDL-1) or placebo

Juls
Old 10-20-2017, 05:33 PM   #118
Laurel

Praying the Bilirubin is down for your next treatment. That combo sounds a bit rough, but if it is working then worth every discomfort. You are one tough lady!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:44 AM   #119
Juls

Hi Laurel
Yes- hope it comes down! Will really be annoyed if it doesn't!
Doctor now wondering if I have naturally higher bilirubin!

Have upped intake of red fruit/veg, water and coffee!
Didn't know that coffee helps bring bilirubin down & here I was trying to be good & cut it down a bit!!

Anybody looking for me I'll be in Costa!

Juls
Old 10-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #120
Becky

Have a blast. You deserve a break. I am always thinking of you and all our members in active treatment. I admire the strength of those in trials that push the race for a cure one step closer.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote