HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2003, 01:27 PM   #1
Jennifer D

Hi

I am so sorry to hear of your brain mets. I too went through the headaches and knew something was wrong, and it wasn't til I pushed that I got an MRI---little did I know I had 17 brain mets. YUCK!@! Until then I also had been in remission. It is so scary.
I am so glad that you will be able to get Cyberknife!! How encouraging. I had to have WBR due to the large number.
I too started on Decadron to reduce swelling. This should help the headaches. The stomach thing is definately a side effect!! I had tons of stomach discomfort--I took Prevacid once a day and it seemed to help. I got every side effect under the sun--I couldn't get enough to eat for a while and this leads to the stomach discomfort. Use whatever means to stay regular (in the potty if you know what I mean) and you should keep it under control. I also got very puffy in the face and it is finally going down--but you may not since it was from both the Decadron and Radiation.
Best of luck to you!!! Keep moving and stay positive--don't let this beast get you down.

You will be in my prayers

Love Jen