HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-29-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
RobinP

More on Black Tea blocking her2

More inform. on how black tea blocks her2.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...a1f23215102bbc

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en..._uids=17182072

Furthermore Black Tea is effective against estrogen sensitive bc and HER3, Lani's old post:
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...Her3+black+tea
Old 06-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
R.B.

Robin are you an expert on tea?.

You must have been doing your homework to recognise the chemicals involved. I had to look it up on google. It is a big word for something in tea !!

I wonder what they would find in cabbages or sprouts if they looked.

RB

http://www.rsc.org/delivery/_Article...JournalCode=CC
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
RobinP

I've become a believer of nutritional ways to beat bc thanks to you and others here, RB. I tell you I think that we can beat cancer via safe food supplementation as opposed to some of the toxic pharmaceuticals. So, yes, I've been doing my homework.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
R.B.

Hi Robin

Thank you very much for the kind thought. It make me feel better to post. It also helps make me think issues through and sparks new ideas.

I think everything has a place.

There is no question that fabulous advances have been made in understanding of cancers. Most of that is the result of the search for treatments. There is no question that for many treatment is truly beneficial. Some treatments clearly do have real benefit. Others may be helpful to much lower numbers than originally thought but I suspect we will never know exactly. In this litigious world things will just fail out of favour I suspect.

People give their lives and passion to research. We just have to find way of empowering them to further "unprofitable" prevention research when their results point them in that direction (as well as treatments where promising avenues are found).

We would not be beginning to understand how important diet is if this work had not been done.

But we need to do all we can to help the body mend itself, and provide the body with the fuel it is designed for. If we try and run it outside its design parameters it will break unnecessarily.

Treatments for such conditions where the cause is say diet is only palliative. If you do not fix whatever is causing the problem it will only eventually erupt somewhere else in a different form. It is like plugging a leak but without fixing the constant drip in the supply that caused the leak.

The medical profession do their very best with the best of motives. They are pressured in every direction and only have so many hours in the day. Human nature is at work. Honest viewpoints change as knowledge advances. Things have always taken time to change. Human organisational inertia is part of the way we work. Look how long it took for a solid recognition that smoking or trans fats were an issue. A break on change is good and bad. Changing thing quickly and getting them badly wrong is just as bad as being to slow to recognise change.

Sooner or later governments will have to take prevention more seriously if only to remain competitive with other nations who do.

Thank again

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:08 AM   #5
RhondaH

Smile GO Robin & RB!!!!

I COMPLETELY agree with you both. Thats why NOW when I run across a clinical trial stating they found something that inhibits this or induces that, whatever they have found "P53" for instance I "google" "food P53" or something like that to see if I can find the "natural" preventer. I agree that there is SOME merit to pharmaceutical, but a lot MORE to the natural...gotta go, water for my tea (ahem) is boiling Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #6
RobinP

Well, I agree that the medical field is trying. However, their efforts in early diagnosis and preventive measures for cancer prevention are lagging. In contrast, much has been done for early identification of cardiac problems and preventive nutritional measures for cardiac problems. Let's just hope in time more will be advocated for cancer as well, the sooner the better. I do think there will be more defined cancer guidelines set in the future by the medical community. Until then, however, we must all be vigilant and protect ourselves, as our very lives depend on it.

At least there is some new research that indicates that exercise and diet with veg. and fruits and low fat decreases bc...
http://www.hopkinsbreastcenter.org/a.../200707/6.html