HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Lovemyboys3

Mediport question

Hi All, I had my second surgery yesterday and am feel pretty good. I won't know the results of my pathology report until next week. So here goes the waiting game yet again. Praying hard for clear margins. In the mean time they also placed the mediport for my chemo which is surprisingly uncomfortable. I really didn't expect it to be this uncomfortable. I do have a question for anyone whom can help me. I really didn't get specific instructions before I left the hospital about showers and such. So I am not sure if I can shower or if I have to sponge bath for a while. I have heard about a cover for the port but I don't have any idea what that is or where to get it from? By the time I felt ok the docs office was closed so I wasn't able to ask any additional questions and didn't think of it until today. I am sure the other area on the breast is ok to shower without a cover as they went through the same incision from before. But this port is making me nervous. I don't want to do something that I shouldn't do. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you All!
Lovemyboys3
Lovemyboys3 is offline   Reply With Quote