HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
geraldine

Herceptin/ Sinus Problems

Does anyone else have problems with their sinus ??

I have difficulty in breathing through my nose and everyone thinks I have a constant cold. My onc has given me antibiotics, thinking I may have an infection but My symptoms never change. I cant smell anything or taste anything , which is a real pain.
4 years ago, while on Taxotere, my thyroid shut down and I have been on Thyroxine ever since. Symptoms at that time affected all my senses, especially my sinus.
I had learned to live with it but this last while it seems to be getting worse. I have been on Herceptin only, for 2 years now and am now wondering if there is a connection !!

Blocked and miserable
Geraldine
geraldine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
aquinis2000

just the opposite

My nose constantly runs with the herceptin. i have seen this posted on here by a lot of others too. I get alot of post nasal drip too, but diminishes after a few days of treatment. there is a connection to herceptin in this reguard. type in runny nose under the search tab and i'm sure you will get lots of hits. good luck
aquinis2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #3
Barbara

Sinus Problems

I have both the runny nose and mucus plugs in my sinuses and my lungs ever since I started Herceptin. My symptoms haven't gotten worse over the 20 months. Are you sure your problem with smell didn't start with Taxol? I think it is more likely to affect taste and smell and it did in me. I could not stand many foods, sweets or chocolate but a couple of weeks after finishing Taxol I was back to my old self.

Barbara
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
Unregistered

Post Sinus problems with Herceptin

Hi,

Genetech states that 13% of Herceptin patients have rhinitus from the medication.

Hope that helps.

I found that out after I looked up nasal mets!! :^)

Olivia
Old 02-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #5
Lisa

Yep, everybody thinks I have a cold, too. And I'm crying since my eyes water frequently, too. It's been like this for 2+years, since I started Herceptin.

Should we all buy stock in Kleenex?

Love and light,

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #6
Lolly

Same here, It's a double edged sword, either my sinuses are stuffed or drip like a faucet. I often take a half a benedryl a night so I can breath, and not wake up with sinuses totally blocked.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:49 AM   #7
Maggie

Thumbs up

I had my 4th Herceptin, February 1st. No runny nose this time! Dare I hope! I still get small little red pimple like marks around my mouth, but I don't know that others can notice them. I'm handling it very well!

Maggie
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:33 AM   #8
Unregistered

I just started herceptin last week. My oncologist told me to expect nasal drip and frequent tearing from the eyes. I am a crier so most people won't know the difference Hang in there!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #9
nancymarie

Me too!

Add me to the list of those who have constant sinus problems. The inside of my nose even looks bloody from the constant blowing, etc. When I wake up in the morning my nostrils are even crusty - yuk!

-Nancy
nancymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #10
Sherryg683

same here

My eyes have been running like crazy, same with my nose. Although at the moment, it's stopped up, building up for a good run later, I'm sure. I will be on Herceptin indefintely, so I guess I better get use to it...sherryg683
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #11
geraldine

Thanx to All

Hey all, thanx for replying.

It helps to know that i'm not alone with the sinus problem, somehow makes it more of a nuisence now than anything.

God Bless & Hugs to you all

Geraldine x
geraldine is offline   Reply With Quote