HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #121
Juls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 538
Re: Need input!

Just checking in!

Still on trial of Tecentriq (Atezolizumab).
The drug company has looked at 1st reports and have found that results show little difference. So trial has been "un-blinded."
Turns out I'm on Tecentriq with Kadcyla.
Other than problems with high bilirubin ( caused by Kadcyla) I am ok.
We can stay on trial or come off and have Kadcyla on its own. I've decided to stay on it for now. Will review again in March depending on next scans etc.
Trial had 7 on it. Now down to 3. To date I don't know if other 2 ladies staying on trial. Might just be me!

No idea if I'm making right decision!

Juls
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:28 PM   #122
MaineRottweilers
Senior Member
 
MaineRottweilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 568
Re: Need input!

Juls, that's the way of trials, you never really know if it's the right thing. However, your willingness to contribute to the body of evidence (good, bad or indifferent) is pretty heroic, in my opinion. Much love to you and fingers crossed that it IS right for more than the greater good---right for YOU.
__________________
Tracy Arcari
___________________________________________
11/12 BSE ignored the lump for SIX months.
5/1/13 IDC ER/PR- HER2/neu+++
5/14/13 Mastectomy and SN biopsy
5/20/13 IDC Stage IIb Grade 3 Nodes 1/4 also IDC and DCIS multi focal in remaining dissected tissue.
5/30/13 MUGA and CT thorax, abdomen & pelvis, establish baseline.
6/4/13 Installed my little purple power port.
6/14/13 Chemo started TCH
6/14/13 Informed of suspicious ares on scans scheduled PET.
7/1/13 PET Scan NED!
9/27/13 FINAL CHEMO taken! ----well, maybe not.
10/15/13 Three little tattoos.
10/24/13 Radiation begins and fourth tattoo placed.
11/27/13 Perfectly radiant! Radiation completed the day before Thanksgiving and so, so much to be thankful for this year and every day hereafter.
1/2/14 Happy New Year, you have a Goiter? Muga down to 59%.
1/17/14 Hashimoto's Dz Dx'd. Now maybe I'll feel BETTER!
5/2/14 Herceptin completed! New kitten!
8/19/14 Prophylactic mastectomy (right) and PORT OUT! I'm DONE and now I really am a SURVIVOR.
2/15 Started not feeling so swell. Memory lapses and GI issues with nausea and blurry vision.
4/30/15 U/S cystic gallbladder, cyst on right ovary and mass in my uterus. GYN consult scheduled---and cancelled. I'm not ready.
5/4/15 Brain MRI clear (big sigh of relief)
7/30/15 Back Pain
8/31/15 Radiograph: compression fracture L2
9/10/15 Bone Scan positive
9/21/15 CT scan conclusive for tumor
10/1/15 CT guided biopsy & Brain to Pelvis MRI reveal additional lesions on spine C6, T10, T11 and L2 is collapsing.
10/8/15 Abbreviated pathology: new tumor(s) poorly differentiated carcinoma consistent with known breast primary.
ER-/PR+ (40%)
HER2/neu+++ Ki-67 4% Pancytokeratin AE1/3 Strong Positivity in all malignant cells.
10/13/15 Abnormal Dexa: moderate risk of fracture to both femoral head/neck R&L. Significant risk to lumbar spine.
10/14/15 Radiation consult back to the cooker.
10/20/15 MUGA 50% down from 54% after a year off Herceptin (???)
10/21/15 Kyphoplasty L2
10/22/15 Re-start Chemo: Perjeta, Herceptin & Taxotere
10/26/15 PET Scan confirms C6, T10-11, L2, new lesion noted at L4 but no visceral involvement---Happy dance!!!
10//29/15 Xgeva
10/29/15 Radiation Simulation--three new tattoos to add to my collection. Just call me Dotty.
10/30/15 CA27-29 63 U/mol (<38 U/mol)
11/3/15 First Trip to see Dr. E. Mayer at DFCI
11/4/15 Surgical consult to re-install my little purple power port.
11/9/15 Radiation treatment one of five.
11/10/15 Installed my little purple power port and not a moment too soon, took them four tries to get an IV started today.
Yes, we really are going down this road again.
12/5/15 CT for suspected pulmonary embolism demonstrates increase in T10-11 mets.
12/8/15 Bone Scan uptake at T10-11 (not seen 9/17/15) & Right 8th Rib (not evident on PET 10/26/15)
12/10/15 Consult Re: PROGRESSION. Halt THP due today. Schedule PET and order TDM1 for next week. PLAN B.
12/14/15 PET scan: NO PROGRESSION! THP is working, metabolic activity minimal. Merry Christmas to me! Sticking with PLAN A, it's working.
1/7/16 Start Taxol weekly instead of Taxotere (has been too taxing and not rebounding between txs.) Zometa instead of Xgeva.
3/28/16 CT shows new sclerotic lesions on T12, L3, L5, L6, right ilium and head of right femur. No uptake on Bone Scan (progression????)
3/31/16 Discontinue Taxol start Arimidex, still getting H&P.
6/2/16 Discontinue Arimidex and start Exemestane.
6/18/16 PET is NEAD!!
7/1/16 Discontinue Exemestane and restart Armidex (SEs)
8/29/16 CT/Bone Scan Stable (still uptake at T10-11)
10/3/16 BSO pathology negative
10/10/16 MRI: Brain clear!
10/14/16 Switched care to Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care
11/24/16 Xgeva, New MO preference to Zometa
12/12/16 CT/Bone scan Mostly stable significant uptake at L2 plan to PET
1/12/17 PET shows NEAD celebrate with a new puppy!
3/29/17 CT & BS = NEAD
7/31/17 Aetna denies access to H&P <gearing up for a fight>
8/4/17 CT& BS= STABLE
8/9/17 No treatment, Aetna still denying H&P
8/14/17 Aetna appeal approved H&P through February 2018!
2/5/18 CT & BS = STABLE

//
MaineRottweilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #123
Juls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 538
Re: Need input!

Hi Tracy
Thanks for reply - especially tonight. All went pear shaped today. Looks like I'm off trial.
Bilirubin been high & I've not had treatment since 30th Nov. As per trial rules - number of days without treatment has put me out! Should still get Kadcyla when bilirubin reduces but under NHS rules.
Got to wait to next week for further info.

Can't decide whether I'm upset or angry!

The joys of a trial & treatment!!

Julie
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #124
MaineRottweilers
Senior Member
 
MaineRottweilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 568
Re: Need input!

Bummer, Juls. I can hear your frustration. Are you doing anything to support your liver so you can get back on Kadcyla post haste?

Beets, milk thistle, radishes and barley are things I have heard of using as liver support in pets. maybe they are useful in people too.

I'm sorry about this rough patch. You are doing great, keep moving forward.

XO Tracy
MaineRottweilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:01 AM   #125
Juls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 538
Re: Need input!

Hi Tracy

Have tried extra juices, B12, red fruit & veg etc. Also coffee - it apparently helps bring down bilirubin. Didn't help this time. Another suggestion was 1 tablespoon olive oil twice a day - haven't tried this yet!

Hope all good with you.

Juls
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:56 PM   #126
MaineRottweilers
Senior Member
 
MaineRottweilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 568
Re: Need input!

Olive Oil, YUM! Salt and a little red pepper ground over the top, dip bread and you're in Heaven and lowering bilirubin. A few tablespoons will not be enough.

I'm still flying under the radar <touch wood>.
__________________
Tracy Arcari
___________________________________________
11/12 BSE ignored the lump for SIX months.
5/1/13 IDC ER/PR- HER2/neu+++
5/14/13 Mastectomy and SN biopsy
5/20/13 IDC Stage IIb Grade 3 Nodes 1/4 also IDC and DCIS multi focal in remaining dissected tissue.
5/30/13 MUGA and CT thorax, abdomen & pelvis, establish baseline.
6/4/13 Installed my little purple power port.
6/14/13 Chemo started TCH
6/14/13 Informed of suspicious ares on scans scheduled PET.
7/1/13 PET Scan NED!
9/27/13 FINAL CHEMO taken! ----well, maybe not.
10/15/13 Three little tattoos.
10/24/13 Radiation begins and fourth tattoo placed.
11/27/13 Perfectly radiant! Radiation completed the day before Thanksgiving and so, so much to be thankful for this year and every day hereafter.
1/2/14 Happy New Year, you have a Goiter? Muga down to 59%.
1/17/14 Hashimoto's Dz Dx'd. Now maybe I'll feel BETTER!
5/2/14 Herceptin completed! New kitten!
8/19/14 Prophylactic mastectomy (right) and PORT OUT! I'm DONE and now I really am a SURVIVOR.
2/15 Started not feeling so swell. Memory lapses and GI issues with nausea and blurry vision.
4/30/15 U/S cystic gallbladder, cyst on right ovary and mass in my uterus. GYN consult scheduled---and cancelled. I'm not ready.
5/4/15 Brain MRI clear (big sigh of relief)
7/30/15 Back Pain
8/31/15 Radiograph: compression fracture L2
9/10/15 Bone Scan positive
9/21/15 CT scan conclusive for tumor
10/1/15 CT guided biopsy & Brain to Pelvis MRI reveal additional lesions on spine C6, T10, T11 and L2 is collapsing.
10/8/15 Abbreviated pathology: new tumor(s) poorly differentiated carcinoma consistent with known breast primary.
ER-/PR+ (40%)
HER2/neu+++ Ki-67 4% Pancytokeratin AE1/3 Strong Positivity in all malignant cells.
10/13/15 Abnormal Dexa: moderate risk of fracture to both femoral head/neck R&L. Significant risk to lumbar spine.
10/14/15 Radiation consult back to the cooker.
10/20/15 MUGA 50% down from 54% after a year off Herceptin (???)
10/21/15 Kyphoplasty L2
10/22/15 Re-start Chemo: Perjeta, Herceptin & Taxotere
10/26/15 PET Scan confirms C6, T10-11, L2, new lesion noted at L4 but no visceral involvement---Happy dance!!!
10//29/15 Xgeva
10/29/15 Radiation Simulation--three new tattoos to add to my collection. Just call me Dotty.
10/30/15 CA27-29 63 U/mol (<38 U/mol)
11/3/15 First Trip to see Dr. E. Mayer at DFCI
11/4/15 Surgical consult to re-install my little purple power port.
11/9/15 Radiation treatment one of five.
11/10/15 Installed my little purple power port and not a moment too soon, took them four tries to get an IV started today.
Yes, we really are going down this road again.
12/5/15 CT for suspected pulmonary embolism demonstrates increase in T10-11 mets.
12/8/15 Bone Scan uptake at T10-11 (not seen 9/17/15) & Right 8th Rib (not evident on PET 10/26/15)
12/10/15 Consult Re: PROGRESSION. Halt THP due today. Schedule PET and order TDM1 for next week. PLAN B.
12/14/15 PET scan: NO PROGRESSION! THP is working, metabolic activity minimal. Merry Christmas to me! Sticking with PLAN A, it's working.
1/7/16 Start Taxol weekly instead of Taxotere (has been too taxing and not rebounding between txs.) Zometa instead of Xgeva.
3/28/16 CT shows new sclerotic lesions on T12, L3, L5, L6, right ilium and head of right femur. No uptake on Bone Scan (progression????)
3/31/16 Discontinue Taxol start Arimidex, still getting H&P.
6/2/16 Discontinue Arimidex and start Exemestane.
6/18/16 PET is NEAD!!
7/1/16 Discontinue Exemestane and restart Armidex (SEs)
8/29/16 CT/Bone Scan Stable (still uptake at T10-11)
10/3/16 BSO pathology negative
10/10/16 MRI: Brain clear!
10/14/16 Switched care to Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care
11/24/16 Xgeva, New MO preference to Zometa
12/12/16 CT/Bone scan Mostly stable significant uptake at L2 plan to PET
1/12/17 PET shows NEAD celebrate with a new puppy!
3/29/17 CT & BS = NEAD
7/31/17 Aetna denies access to H&P <gearing up for a fight>
8/4/17 CT& BS= STABLE
8/9/17 No treatment, Aetna still denying H&P
8/14/17 Aetna appeal approved H&P through February 2018!
2/5/18 CT & BS = STABLE

//
MaineRottweilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:33 PM   #127
Juls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 538
Re: Need input!

Hi Tracy
Will try that.
Sounds better!
Juls
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #128
Becky
Senior Member
 
Becky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stockton, NJ
Posts: 4,111
Re: Need input!

Believe it or not, I still take high quality evoo right off the spoon. 3 tablespoons a day and use for salad dressing etc

If buying tumeric buy it with piperdine which is the active in black pepper. This makes tumeric 2000% more bioavailable. Also take the tumeric with the fattest meal of the day or at least with your tablespoon of evoo
__________________
Kind regards

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 14 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #129
nancy dip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 41
Re: Need input!

Hi Becky. Do you still take arimidex? I had to stop in November 2017 because of NHS funding....I live in the UK. I am asking because I am thinking of trying to start again if I can access it but Docs here tell me there is no evidence of any one in UK continuing beyond 10 yrs and no evidence of benefits for doing so..... I would gladly self fund if I could.
Also, could you let us know what supplements you take. You are my poster girl as you are one of the few on the board who has followed the UK protocol of herceptin after chemo!
very best wishes, Nancy
__________________
Found lump myself 8 months after routine mammogram.
29/11/06-WLE and then re-excision to get clear margins.
Tumour was 1.2cms; Grade3; Er+ Pr+ HER2 3+++; SNB negative out of 9 nodes.
Chemo was Epirubicin every 3wks x4 then Xeloda (2wks on, 1wk off) for 4 cycles. ( I am part of the TACT2 trial.)
Rads x25
Arimidex for 5 yrs.
Hoping to start Herceptin within the next 2 weeks (we have to follow the HERA protocol to qualify for Herceptin in the U.K.) I worry about the delay in starting Herceptin!! Started 8/10/07
nancy dip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:02 AM   #130
Juls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 538
Re: Need input!

Well as I thought - off trial as time barred although still to get trial CT's etc.
Bilirubin even higher this week so once again no treatment.
Doctor telling me that it might be months before he can give me Kadcyla. Bilirubin has to come down below 30. Last week it rose to 48!
Anyone had this?
I am getting concerned that I've had no treatment except 1 x Zometa since 30th Nov.
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007
free webpage hit counter