HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
patz64

Hair Loss

Hi Everyone,
I'm just curious as to when people lost their hair. I am 13 days post my first chemo (cytoxan, taxotere, herceptin) and so far I haven't lost my hair. Some people have told me that the loss occurs between day 13 and 17 post chemo. Someone else said up to 3 weeks post chemo. My one friend said it was about 2 1/2 weeks post chemo, and her head started tingling, and she got in the shower and just rubbed all the hair right out. Some people say it's a slow thinning. I just hate waiting for it to happen.
Also, has anyone experienced any skin side effects? My face has broken out with HUGE pimples, and I also got a smaller break out on my shoulders and back. Also my hands and neck got a rash that was kind of itchy for several days. Don't know if this is more related to the chemo or the steroids.
My next chemo is next week. This time I'm going to try the claritin to see if that helps prevent the pain from the neulasta injection.
Thanks everyone.
Pat
5/2011-stereotactic biopsy: stage 0 carcinoma L. breast again, estrogen/progesterone negative. Nobody used the words Her2+ yet.
8/18/2011-travelled to Texas (I live in NJ) for bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction with DIEP flap. 3 days later, left breast turned blue...had emergency surgery to unclog vessel and try to save the flap. 24 hours after that, had another emergency surgery... took a vein from my left arm and re-routed it to the breast. Saved the breast flap but went into congestive heart failure because of all the IV fluids. Spent 10 days in ICU...8 days on a ventilator. Traumatic experience!!! Then was told it was actually Stage 2, Her2+, and I would need chemo.
Now back in NJ.
10/11/11-port was placed
chemo starting in about 2 weeks
patz64 is offline   Reply With Quote