HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-19-2006, 06:30 AM   #21
fitztwins

Smile 3 weeker

I did every three weeks. The benedryl knocked me out, but other than that, I had no issues and enjoyed (if you can call it that) the schedule. I have a 40 minute drive and needed to take off an afternoon. I did dose dense initially. My oncolgist said there were only slight difference.

It is so interesting to me that even our onc. differ on things.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

dx 12/2004, er/pr+ her2+++ Stage IIIC
AC/Taxol dd 4/4,33 Rads,
Herceptin ( every 3 weeks) 5/05-5/06,
Tamoxifen 1 year
Femara 2 years
dx with Mets to pelivs bone 6/08,
herceptin, 6 tx Taxotere, rads, zometa
fitztwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:10 AM   #22
Barbara H.

I have received it every 3 weeks for two years at the Dana Farber in Boston. It completely knocked out liver and lung mets without other chemo. Unfortunaely, mets have now started up in the bones and I had to add Navelbine. I prefer every three weeks, and my oncologist told be at the time that it was just as effective to get it every 3 weeks.
Best,
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:24 AM   #23
Unregistered

Smile Sis-in-law just started Herceptin in Germany

Hi all,

I'm writing on behalf of my sister-in-law who is located in Germany and has Her2-neu BC. she's on chemo right now, her onc started giving her Herceptin (and for the ones that don't know it - the Herceptin is now also allowed for bc without metastases - thank goodness) with taxotere. I'm still trying to find out all the details - darn time difference drives me crazy besides the point that I can barely talk to her because she's not feeling too well. Her leukos went down to 1700, I believe when they reach 1000 she'll get hospitalized.

I'm curious about your experiences with the Herceptin and the taxotere (and no - I have not found out yet whether she receives the weekly or 3 week dosis, like I said - her first treatment was July 13th and ever since can't get in touch with anyone over there). She's feeling very weak, bone pain, and gets morphium against the bone pain. What I don't understand and my brother emailed me - the pain and the low leukos may be due to the taxotere which she receives in 4 "units". I don't understand it but he didn't elaborate either. Any clues??