HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Diet and Nutrition
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Diet and Nutrition By popular demand our nutritional message board. This board will be monitored by a Registered RD who is certified in oncology by the American Dietetic Association

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2009, 04:34 AM   #1
R.B.

The impact of Omega 3 and Omega 6 on breast cancer

There is a long running thread on the impact of Omega 3 and Omega 6 on breast cancer on the main board (currently (2014) 50,000 plus views). The point of the thread is to demonstrate there is considerable evidence of a wide range of mechanisms by which Omega 3 and 6 fats significantly alter the risk of breast cancer occurrence and spread.

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24410

Many of the factors also apply to a whole range of cancers including prostate.

The thread only contains a fraction of the research on the subject.

The revised expanded and very much improved book on Omega 3 and 6 has been rewritten several times and I really must try and get it finished.

On the tooth issue, on my persistent insistence that something was still not right, they finally opened an adjacent area up (Nov 2009) and found further infected bone above another root filling (2nd), despite showing no "clinical" symptoms (inflammation or pain) or clear x-ray evidence, but discomfort from my perspective. It now looks in addition as if my 3rd and last root filling may also have lead to infection (in progress).

Moral: As far as root fillings go get them checked regularly. I now know trials confirm a significant proportion of root fillings fail within in 5 years. (-:

Update 2014 - Ultimately in a search for resolution all 3 root filled teeth were removed, but some problems persisted; subsequently a cutting edge oral facial surgeon identified in about one minute of opening a historic 3D scan that there was an area of infection bone loss in an area of the jaw face above the front tooth (a black hole on the Xray); following removal of the tooth pain in the area inflammation brain fuzz low level anxiety etc has very slowly resolved. Hopefully in time I can have implants.

Moral 2 of the story; infections from damaged root filled teeth can spread to adjacent and more distant bone despite an apparent orthodoxy among many dentists that they do not or are very rare, and may be difficult to detect, except you will know something is not right because it hurts etc !

R.B.

Last edited by R.B.; 07-05-2014 at 03:46 AM..
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote