HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-25-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
Tom

Thumbs up Interesting Clue in Curcumin Article

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0522181238.htm

I was always as excited about curcumin's cancer fighting properties as my good friend R.B. was about Omega-3, and now there are more hints that it works. The article linked to above, is about curcumin's ability to inhibit the spread of fatty tissue. The interesting side note is found in the caption underneath the photo of turmeric. It is believed that this effect is produced by the inhibition of angiogenesis, or new blood vessel growth.

Some time ago my friend's 30 year old brother was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma which had spread to his lungs and brain despite aggressive surgery. Along with his regular treatment, I finally convinced him to take a quality curcumin supplement (not turmeric). I'm sure you all know I used curcumin from www.LEF.org for Mom.

At his follow-up scan his doctors were astonished that his brain mets had disappeared and his lung mets were shrinking. I still believe this is one of the most powerful weapons against all kinds of malignancies. We now know that curcumin has many mechanisms of action. It promotes apoptosis (programmed cell death), radiosensitzes malignant cells making them more susceptible to radiotherapies, and inhibits angiogenesis, thus cutting off their ability to maintain rapid growth. It doesn't get much better than that.

Prayers for Joy and others that are not faring well these days. May God touch you and heal you all.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; 05-25-2009 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: More corrections...my mind is going fast...lol
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote