HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
Daisypink

Can anyone help?

Hi

I am 33 years old and i live in England. We seem to be so far behind over here with access to new drugs, i wanted to ask your help as i am feeling so desparate and scared..

I have lung secondaries and i have just had the Tykerb/Xeloda trial stopped as it has failed to work for me.

My oncologist referred me to the top cancer hospital here in the Uk - the Royal Marsden to see if they could suggest any new drugs/trials that may help me as every chemo/hormonal seems to have failed for me so far. the Marsden couldnt help so i am desparate to know if there are other drugs there in the states that i could try to get.

I am willing to pay and travel to the states, does anyone know if this is possible? Where would be the best place to contact over there?

I am so desperate to live.. i dont want to die.. i feel i have too much in life to do, please, please can anyone help me by suggesting anything?

much love to all you fighting this dreadful disease.

Any help would be appreciated

Love

jakki
xxxx

DX May 2005 grade 3 IDC - partial mastectomy/immediate LD Recon. 0 /20 lymph nodes affected
Er+PR+HER2-
E-CMF chemo July 05 - Feb 06, 33 x rads. Tamoxifen
June 06 - Regional Reccurrence - supraclavicular lymph nodes, HER2+. Taxotere chemo Aug 06 - Dec 06, 25 x rads, Arimidex, zoladex, Herceptin.
Feb 07 - further supraclavicular progression, re-staging tests.
April 07 - Lung mets DX, oncologist trying to get me on Tykerb & xeloda on LEAP trial.
June 07 - Lung mets doubled in size, 3 new tumours and one in my back - commenced Tykerb/Xeloda - Zoladex & Arimidex stopped.
September 07 - Tykerb/Xeloda failed.. lung mets still growing and more new ones
October 2007 - Commenced Vinorelbine and back on Herceptin again..
March 2008 - New Scans reveal lung mets still progressing, now have 3cm Liver Met and Bone Met to Sternum - looking for a new clinical trial...
Daisypink is offline   Reply With Quote