HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #21
Becky

Re: Do you ever just want to vent?

What makes it really hard though is when you do have children at home. Two of my children were at home during the time I had treatment (aged 15 and 12 then). They really understand what cancer means and they are watching. I tried really hard to not "transmit" my fears and frustrations because I felt that internally, they also had fears and frustrations too. However, the 15 year old who turned 16 just became so nasty to me. I think her fear took over. Sometimes, you hold back on purpose and that just wants you to vent even more. I got lots of crap like, "don't pick me up in the old minivan and wear your wig". So, I picked her up in the old minivan completely bald. Just so we could have a fight. Pretty bad venting, eh? But much later (2 years ago), she got some disposable cameras she found developed and came over. She showed me the pictures. They were during chemo. She said, "look how sick you looked. You were gray and fragile looking". She said, "you know, during that time, I treated you so rotten. I didn't help with cooking or housework like you asked. I just couldn't believe this was happening. I think that I thought if you could still do it all (I also worked full time), everything was okay and you were just kidding around." She said she was so sorry. I said I was sorry too for picking her up from school bald (we laughed). So, for your children, don't go overboard on the parties because you never know what they are thinking (ie: is she doing this over the top thing because it is the last birthday she will see (its not but they think differently)). Ask again and if you get nothing, plan a simple family event. Get take out or order platters from the grocery store if "family" mean big for you. Be yourself and don't be afraid to rest and vent. The "sick" day sounds good. I did them once every chemo round on the "bad" day. Work understood. Most people couldn't believe I worked but I did my best and nothing slipped. Ughhhhh. I loved the grocery store story too on this thread. I had a similar thing and somebody said something to me. I had stopped at the store coming home from work and had 20 things in the 12 thing checkout. I wore a wig to work. When this guy behind me said something snotty, I took off my wig - right there in front of everybody and said, give me a break! I thought he was going to die! Walk in my shoes sometime 3/4 days after a chemo treatment. Ha - and that's not like me.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #22
Carol Ann

I've been so fortunate -- my son is 17 and I homeschool, and see my signature, I started with surgeries and chemo at the beginning of this school year ... there are days when I've had the chemo, surgery recovery, etc, etc, therapy appts and HE vents because I can't be there all day. Overall though, he has totally stepped up to the plate and worked independently to the max this year, including one course at community college. And yes, like Becky says, there have been times when I've had to tell him I just don't have the energy. I've done my best to have a regular homeschool day every day, but not always, sometimes it just doesn't happen -- and because I've been honest about how I'm feeling, he's felt good about supporting me, and working as much as he can on his own.

Now, if he had been younger ... that would've been a whole lot harder! No question.

Becky I am laughing like crazy about you showing up bald in the van and taking your wig off, etc. I started out wearing a cap all the time, but it just got too uncomfortable. I finally told my husband and son, "I'm bald, deal with it," and I usually don't wear anything on my head unless I go out somewhere. No, not even when company comes over. (The one set of friends we have that regularly visit are used to it now. )

CA
July 24, 2013: "Infected" Right Nipple and benign cyst removed, pathology report revealed Paget's, DCIS, and ILC 1.25 cm, ER+/Pro+/HER2 equivocal, Grade 2 under benign cyst, previous diagnostic mammo/ultrasound said I was perfectly healthy in both breasts.

Aug 18, 2013: MRI report says Left breast is perfectly healthy "consistent with previous studies".

Sept 2013: I insist on a bilateral mastectomy anyway. Too nervewracking to let left breast remain with higher risk after 3 cancers in right, nipple in right is already gone anyhow.

Sept 18, 2013: Bilateral mastectomy, 11 right nodes removed, ALL negative BUT -- ER+/PRO+/HER2+ tumor, 1.0 cm, Grade 2 found in a piece of "grossly unremarkable" breast tissue from prophylactic mastectomy of left breast, no nodes removed.

Oct 25, 2013: 13 left side nodes removed, ALL negative, Stage 1 across the board, NO RADS needed, YAAAAY! Port also installed.

Nov 25, 2013 Begin 6 rounds TCH.

March 10, 2014 Just finished 6th and LAST Chemo today, YAAAAAY!

March 24, 2014 Echocardiogram to make sure I'm still good for Herceptin every 3 weeks.

March 31, 2014 Echo results NORMAL, first Herceptin all by itself. Now if only my eyes would stop streaming from the Taxotere ... :)

April 21, 2014 Started Arimidex and therapy for "mild" lymphedema in left hand and arm

May 2014 Therapy completed, I have sleeves and gloves for both arms, a Flexi touch lymph pump to hook up to for an hour every day, and I've become an arm bandaging expert. :)

June 2014 Begin Fosamax to prevent osteoporosis; bone scan revealed osteopenia

Nov 17, 2014 FINAL Herceptin!

Dec 4, 2014 My right thigh muscle has been extra achy for days ... I discover a blister rash cluster on the side of my right thigh while taking a shower. Port appointment cancelled until Dec 17, my doc is working me in tomorrow afternoon to see me and the rash. My muscle at least feels less achy.

Dec 5, 2014 Yep, I have shingles. Boo! I start acyclovir and also have a prescription for a painkiller just in case for over the weekend.

Dec 17, 2014 Port is OUT!

January 2016 Shingles again and this time it started where my left breast (where the hidden HER2+++ tumor was!) used to be. My onc nurse got me a same day appointment to see my doc when I called and told her I had a rash on the site. The antiviral meds are working once again, though, so that is good news. :)
Carol Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #23
Cat

Question Re: Do you ever just want to vent?

Ok here's my venting (feeling sorry for myself) so I can get past it and realize it's all temporary.
This past month...
I took my sister to ortho because she needs a knee replacement.
I've held her hand and tried to reassure her it would go by quicker than she thinks. She works full time and I love her dearly but I began to resent her because I had just had my kidney ablation and we are struggling for insurance approval for new chemo. I developed a hernia that I need to see surgeon for.
I take my parents to Dr. appts because my sister is working and making money. (Oops is that sarcastic?). I took them for normal check ups and podiatry and then spent the rest of the week dealing with my mom who developed shingles and a few days later, my dad who seems to have had a TIA and/or dehydration. It's not that she did nothing and she has been understanding of my situation. We have been juggling home health nursing for mom and shingles and palliative care for dad as dr ordered. We also have caregiver in on Fridays for laundry and showers for dad. But this just sucks because she is now on a vacation for a week. She has worked hard with me to get everything in place but it just sucks. My life is in constant limbo so I'm probably one of the few who would love to be working.
Then I have my kids who run hot and cold. Right now my 25 yr old son lives at home but is working full time and can't afford to move out. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder and reacts to most things I say poorly. My daughter has turned to a pleasant place but has resumed a relationship with a guy we don't like and has not always treated her well. Theirs is a life on a roller coaster. She's 21 and working full time but going to school (unless she changes her mind). She doesn't make a whole lot either.
So I feel I'm back in the dunk tank and can't get to the seat before another ball is thrown and I'm back in the water! On top of it I now have a cold!!! And I probably got it from onc office when chemo was held and I'm still waiting for treatment.
I also realize that family and friends are tired of hearing about me and my treatments but I don't think I make a big deal of things. I've always been strong and try to be honest without making a big deal or having self pity.
I know that this will all pass and we will all go on hopefully in time for me to be able to help support my sister in her surgery. I'm a physical therapist assistant so I have some decent input for her.
My husband has been an angel and listens and helps out where he can.
Don't get me wrong. I love my family dearly and they love me. It's a moment in time and thank you for letting me vent. It feels good to let it out and makes me realize what minor problems I have compared to some people so I will move on with my day and back to laundry.
PS. I have pulled the cancer card a couple of times in public too. And the first time around my daughter, almost 13 at the time, requested I wear a wig and wanted no part in thinking about my baldness.
Wishing you all love and hugs, and many, many thanks,
Cathy
bilat mastectomy w/TRAM
32 rads
9/08 recurrance 4 sternal nodes
mediastinoscopy, able to remove 3
taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin, x6
continue herceptin indefinately
5/10 recurrance in same node/area
mediastinoscopy, removed nodes
added tykerb
27 rads
10/18/10 PET shows inflammation no active disease
8/2011 recurrence one right mediastinal node, xeloda and proton radiation to node.
D/C xeloda due to toxicity
12/5 PET scan clear
2/2012 colon blockage, breast cancer
(never thought it could go there! thought I was constipated)
start abraxane, herceptin, continue tykerb
10/2012 Kidney ablation (renal CA!)
3/2013 CT and biopsy R kidney (BC met to R kidney)
4/4/2013 Begin Kadcyla
7/30/13 Craniotomy cerebellar mets, 1.7cm 3cm
Sept 4-6 post op cyberknife
Sept 23 ablation right kidney (blow up pesky breast ca met)
Oct headaches MRI Oct 10 (only surgical changes ! Yay!)
Short of breath. CT, pulmonary function, echo
New crap in right lung heart good. Pooh!
12/13 DC kadcyla. Begin halaven
2/14 MRI brain NED Yay!
4/3/14 CT mostly stable but breast mets r kidney growing
4/16/14 ablation right kidney again
Continue halaven, tykerb
dc halaven gemzar?
2nd opinion May 14
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #24
JDee

Yes, Carol Ann, I need to feel upbeat for myself.

Today I had just had enough. I was sick and tired of everything and wanted to quit it all. Chemo, hair loss, rubber legs, not being able to plan ahead for anything, missing my granddaughters softball game, a cyst on my liver (what?), antibiotics for infection in lung...

Hubby sat with me and listened, said the right things and I felt better. The rest of the day wasn't so bad.

Dee
1/17/14 Diagnosed BC
IDC HER2 3+, grade 3/3, 0.5 cm
ER, PR negative.
2/14/14 lumpectomy, SNB, nodes negative, clear margins. Started 3/28/14 Taxol/Herceptin once a week for 12 weeks then Herceptin every three weeks for rest of year.
Radiation starts in July
JDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #25
BonnieR

Your husband is very wise! I remember writhing around on the bed with leg pain and declaring that I was going to quit, this is IT, no more, etc etc. My husband just let me vent because he knew that's what I needed to do. I wasn't going to quit, not really
Keep the faith

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #26
crb

Isn't it true that we women just want to get it all out and then we feel better? I have told hubby multiple times to just LISTEN to me and not try to give me solutions on how to FIX things...LOL

Becky ~ My kids are 15 and 12 as well and seriously laughed out loud about the "minivan and wig" comment! My daughter was not thrilled when I went to the theme park with my bandanna and hat, but I was really worried the wig would fly off on the roller coasters. Figured I wouldn't see anyone we knew there anyway (but we did and thankfully, the mom knew what was going on with me and her kids didn't even notice I had no hair). My kids have been great and very helpful around the house. They are just incredibly indecisive about their birthdays and with my foggy, chemo brain I can't think of anything fun and exciting to do. I'm to the point of just ordering them a pizza, putting candles in it and calling it a day!
1/29/14 BRCA normal!
1/31/14 Sentinel node biopsy
2/5/14 Nodes are CLEAR! Stage I/IIa, N0, M0
2/13/14 Start Chemo, 6 rounds for 18 weeks prior to surgery
2/28/14 Port placed
3/6/14 Chemo Round 2
3/27/14 Chemo Round 3 (halfway done!)
4/11/14 u/s shows 2cm tumor about 2x5mm now!
4/17/14 Chemo Round 4
5/8/14 Chemo Round 5 and Daughter's Birthday :)
5/27/14 Last Chemo Party - Round 6
6/17 14 Herceptin only until next Feb.
6/20/14 BMX/Immediate reconstruction DONE
6/30/14 Path report back...NED!
crb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #27
Carol Ann

You can never go wrong with pizza ...

CA
July 24, 2013: "Infected" Right Nipple and benign cyst removed, pathology report revealed Paget's, DCIS, and ILC 1.25 cm, ER+/Pro+/HER2 equivocal, Grade 2 under benign cyst, previous diagnostic mammo/ultrasound said I was perfectly healthy in both breasts.

Aug 18, 2013: MRI report says Left breast is perfectly healthy "consistent with previous studies".

Sept 2013: I insist on a bilateral mastectomy anyway. Too nervewracking to let left breast remain with higher risk after 3 cancers in right, nipple in right is already gone anyhow.

Sept 18, 2013: Bilateral mastectomy, 11 right nodes removed, ALL negative BUT -- ER+/PRO+/HER2+ tumor, 1.0 cm, Grade 2 found in a piece of "grossly unremarkable" breast tissue from prophylactic mastectomy of left breast, no nodes removed.

Oct 25, 2013: 13 left side nodes removed, ALL negative, Stage 1 across the board, NO RADS needed, YAAAAY! Port also installed.

Nov 25, 2013 Begin 6 rounds TCH.

March 10, 2014 Just finished 6th and LAST Chemo today, YAAAAAY!

March 24, 2014 Echocardiogram to make sure I'm still good for Herceptin every 3 weeks.

March 31, 2014 Echo results NORMAL, first Herceptin all by itself. Now if only my eyes would stop streaming from the Taxotere ... :)

April 21, 2014 Started Arimidex and therapy for "mild" lymphedema in left hand and arm

May 2014 Therapy completed, I have sleeves and gloves for both arms, a Flexi touch lymph pump to hook up to for an hour every day, and I've become an arm bandaging expert. :)

June 2014 Begin Fosamax to prevent osteoporosis; bone scan revealed osteopenia

Nov 17, 2014 FINAL Herceptin!

Dec 4, 2014 My right thigh muscle has been extra achy for days ... I discover a blister rash cluster on the side of my right thigh while taking a shower. Port appointment cancelled until Dec 17, my doc is working me in tomorrow afternoon to see me and the rash. My muscle at least feels less achy.

Dec 5, 2014 Yep, I have shingles. Boo! I start acyclovir and also have a prescription for a painkiller just in case for over the weekend.

Dec 17, 2014 Port is OUT!

January 2016 Shingles again and this time it started where my left breast (where the hidden HER2+++ tumor was!) used to be. My onc nurse got me a same day appointment to see my doc when I called and told her I had a rash on the site. The antiviral meds are working once again, though, so that is good news. :)
Carol Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:39 AM   #28
Lnmum

I might be late to respond. But vent ANY time. Every time my husband takes me to chemo I tell him that he is taking me to the slaughterhouse. They just don't give me enough poison to finish me off. He HATES it when I say that. But I do have a quirky sense of humor. I Hate chemo. Never wanted to do it. But there are three people that I love too dearly, not to do it. My new husband, who lost his wife to BC in 2009; and my two daughters. They really need me around, 16 and nearly 14.
Lnmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #29
BonnieR

Lnmum, I can see why your husband might hate that reference, since he has lost someone to BC so recently. He must be feeling very vulnerable himself under the circumstances
The only thing being slaughtered by chemo is cancer! Although we can really feel beaten up by it as well!
Keep your eye of the prize. Or prizes: your dear family
And keep the faith

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #30
JDee

I didn't want to do chemo either. Tried to talk doc out of it, but no he didn't agree of course. So I am into it for 6 treatments and nothing I can't manage so far.

I agree with Bonnie. I don't think it is helpful to yourself or family to say that. You are killing the cancer that is trying to kill you. Be thankful we have chemo to cure us.

I think your fear is coming out in your humor. I turned my fear into power to heal. I wear my 'cancer sucks' tee shirt to treatments. Gives everyone a laugh. Also, my 'Chemo Ninja Cancer Assassin' shirt pictured here. See if you can find a way to channel your fear in some action. I am doing a Relay for Life walk in June, get your family involved.

Best wishes to you through a journey we all share in some way.

Dee
1/17/14 Diagnosed BC
IDC HER2 3+, grade 3/3, 0.5 cm
ER, PR negative.
2/14/14 lumpectomy, SNB, nodes negative, clear margins. Started 3/28/14 Taxol/Herceptin once a week for 12 weeks then Herceptin every three weeks for rest of year.
Radiation starts in July
JDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #31
Lnmum

Thanks Bonnie and Dee. I do want to be positive. My husband and family would benefit from that. You both have great insight. Thank you!!!
Hugs,
Loren
12/11/13 core biopsy with clip placed
1/6/14 Duke consult BC Treatment
1/30/14 partial right mastectomy, sentinel node biopsy 2 setinal nodes clear. 1.1 cm IDC, close margins.
3/13/14 met Dr Heather White in Greenville, NC. She is wonderful and my new oncologist.
3/18-19/14 Dr. White ordered pet scans, full body ct, bilateral MRIs and BRCA TEST.
3/20/14 5/15/14 chemo taxol/Herceptin 1x/week
3/25/14 port placement
4/17/14 BRCA2+
5/22/14 Herceptin only 1x every 3 was for a year. incomplete Taxol(neuropathy of hands and feet)
7/2/14 oopherctomy, salpingoopherectomy, hysterectomy at Vidante with Dr. Marie Rowe.
10/3/14 BMX/trams flap with Georgaide and Zenn at Duke.
Lnmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #32
Jean

I have a big venting:
I get really annoyed listening to women who are heathly (no breast cancer or any cancer for that matter) parents are heathly, they have housekeeping help...for the most part what anyone of us would call a "a great life" and all they do is bitch and complain. I have often wanted to say "have you had to endure chemo? Have you had to endure financial hardship due from medical bills. Have you had to drag yourself to work because maybe you just had to or maybe it was best to keep your sanity by doing something normal?

Yup that is my venting....walk a day in the shoes of a breast cancer lady having chemo then tell me your complaints.
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #33
crb

Jean~ I have seen many people over the years that are like that....complain, complain, complain...I rationalize it that they are just miserable people that will never be happy. I am just thankful that I am not married to one or have one for a mother-in-law
1/29/14 BRCA normal!
1/31/14 Sentinel node biopsy
2/5/14 Nodes are CLEAR! Stage I/IIa, N0, M0
2/13/14 Start Chemo, 6 rounds for 18 weeks prior to surgery
2/28/14 Port placed
3/6/14 Chemo Round 2
3/27/14 Chemo Round 3 (halfway done!)
4/11/14 u/s shows 2cm tumor about 2x5mm now!
4/17/14 Chemo Round 4
5/8/14 Chemo Round 5 and Daughter's Birthday :)
5/27/14 Last Chemo Party - Round 6
6/17 14 Herceptin only until next Feb.
6/20/14 BMX/Immediate reconstruction DONE
6/30/14 Path report back...NED!
crb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #34
FLfrost

Jean, although these people are very annoying I feel sorry for them as they are ill prepared to deal with a real hardship. One thing we tried to instill in our children when we were raising them is an attitude of gratitude. "If you are not happy with what you have you won't be happy with what you want. Everyone on this board seems to possess this attitude of gratitude no matter how tough things may be we have hope and thanksgiving in our hearts!
3/31/14 Consult with Breast Surgeon. Bilateral mastectomy discussed along with referral to plastic surgeon for planned surgery with reconstruction.
4/4/14 Her 2 +. My Oncologist explained that this is a new primary and unlike before in 1999 very aggressive. Surgery put on hold.
BRCA testing done. Results were negative for gene mutation.
4/7/14 PET CT for staging for possible neoadjuvant treatment. Results indicate 1.3 cm tumor and a positive lymph node.
4/9/14 lymph node biopsy. Pathology documented metastasis.
4/14/14 cardiac echo result Ejection Fraction 60%
4/16/14 Port placement
4/17/14 1st chemotherapy treatment
with Herceptin, Perjeta, taxotere and carboplatin.
4/18/14 1st treatment done yesterday with no events whatsoever!
4/23-4/25 Dreaded D hit really hard.
Daily visits to the Oncologists office for hydration and neupogen injections.
4/24/14 Started on Cipro for seriously low WBC count.
4/25/14 Results of blood count at MD office so low (ANC 0.08) I am hospitalized in isolation for neutropenic precautions. One treatment wiped out my immune system!
4/28/14 home recovering. 4/30/14 MD's new plan of treatment: reduced dose weekly taxotere, carboplatin, Herceptin with Perjeta every third week.
5/7/14 Cardiac echo > than 60% and the breast ultra sound showed 2 cm lymph node now only .5 cm. mass in breast is unable to be palpated!! treatment is a go.
5/9/14 Partial 2nd treatment, full dose Herceptin and Perjeta 1/3 dose taxotere and carboplatin.
5/13/14 lab check and fluid infusion.
5/14/14 Appointment with my Oncologist. The lab results are great and the dreaded "D" not as severe as 1st round. Then I mention that my left calf and foot are swollen and painful to the point of limping, could be the drugs but to be safe I had a venous doppler study. I have a clot in my left leg. It wasn't totally occluding the vessel and she really didn't want me in the hospital. Now I will be on Arixtra shots in my tummy till the chemo is complete sometime in August, 2014
5/16/14 continuation of 2nd treatment taxotere carboplatin only.
5/23/14 continuation of 2nd
treatment taxotere, carboplatin only
Amazingly no horrid "D" or nausea!!
5/28/14 visit with the oncologist, great news she can no longer feel a breast mass or the malignant lymph node Yippee!!
5/30/14 started 3rd chemotherapy cycle had full dose Heceptin, Perjeta ans 1/3 dose taxotere and carboplatin.
6/6/14 next dose of taxotere carboplatin for 3rd cycle
6/13/14 last dose taxotere carboplatin 3rd cycle
6/16/14 I am scheduled again for another breast ultrasound to see extent of response to chemotherapy. results will direct continued chemotherapy of directly to surgery!
6/20/14 tentative 4th chemotherapy cycle

"Zumokato Toku" is my Chemo Ninja Cancer Assassin name!
FLfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #35
Jean

ELfrost,
So true, the women on this board are amazing with huge hearts and souls.
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #36
Coux92

Jean~ I hear ya! I'm a school nurse and sometimes the teachers are the biggest whiners! More than the kids...They come to ask for advice/cures ect for minor thinks like itchy eyes from the pollin or posion ivy and say things like " I just can't take it anymore" and "I guess I'll just have to home"....Here I sat most days through my chemo. REALLY! I Just want to scream.. Get a Grip........
Ahhh, Thanks. Feel much better
5/15/13 dx IDC 1CM,
5/20/13 BRAC 1&2 neg
5/28/13 lumpectomy and SNB, ER/PR/Her-2+, Nodes neg,positive margins
6/13/13 revision of margins . Now clear
6/26/13 first TCH
Chemo Ninja~kutaki Zika Zukuchiri
10/18/13-Bx of calcification-neg whew
11/7/13 Started Radiation.
01/2014- Started Tamoxifen
06/09/14-Steriotactic BX left breast calcification-Benign
06/18/2014-completed one year of Herceptin!
Coux92 is offline   Reply With Quote