HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
DiDi70

Re: Constant all over body pain (m)...

Hi Green,

I also had a lot of pain in my joints and muscles and my Oncologist and Family Doctor told me this: Herceptin can cause joint pain and muscle pain, which should subside on week three of each treatment.
Taxotere caused me significant bone pain and when coupled with the Neulasta injection to increase my blood counts, the pain was unbearable for me in the 48 hours post-Taxotere/Neulasta combo. I was prescribed hydromorph contin, which helped tremendously.

Here's the information that I found surprising: Menopause can cause joint pain and stiffness due to the withdrawal of estrogen. Maybe your Family Doctor can offer some guidance regarding that?

What works for me is to keep on moving. Walking, stretching, yoga and also I find that before I get out of bed in the morning it helps to rotate my ankles and do a few stretches as it helps me feel less stiff and sore. Also, staying hydrated is important. Some nights I take Tylenol 325 before bed so that I can fall asleep without pain. It takes the edge off. I only have 4 Herceptins left and I am hoping that much of the joint stiffness and pain will abate when it's finished.

I am going to be seeing an accupuncturist soon, as suggested by a member on this board, to help me with the symptoms of menopause. I will be sure to post to let people know if accupuncture has helped me with joint pain and stiffness related to menopause.

Thinking of you and hoping that you feel better soon,

Didi
DiDi70 is offline   Reply With Quote