HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
Christine

Best Well Wishes to all in the New Year.
Mary called me yesterday. She sounded alot more perky. The pain she was having was from an infection that is not yet under control. She is in a hospice center where they are trying to get the pain stablelized. Hospice is the place for pain management. She is allowed 2 of her 10 doggies at a time to visit and just has nothing bad to say about the care she is getting there. Her wounds are being dressed and healing better under Hospice care. She is in need of prays to help encourage her spirit. I was personally amazed with her positive attitude and will call her to keep her posted on our groups input.
She says she is happy to now have a room with a beautifull view of the ocean and Mission Valley. It is a much better environment than the hospital room she was in.
I must say that the word Hospice used to be a scarey word, but in times of pain, there is no better place. Also, I have known patients who have improved under their care and go off Hospice once the patients progronosis shows improvement. Let's pray for that.

Hugs and warm well wishes to all.... Christine
Old 01-01-2005, 01:39 PM   #2
Linda in Calif

Christine: Thank you so much for the update. Is Mary able to make phone calls? I feel uncomfortable about calling her at the hospital because I am afraid I will call at an inopportune time such as when she's asleep or a doctor is there. If she can call out would you pass on to her that I would love to hear from her if she gets bored or lonely? Happy New Year to you and Joe!
Take Care, Linda
Old 01-01-2005, 01:58 PM   #3
Linda in Calif.

Duh! Chemo-Brain strikes, again. Sorry, Christine, I just re-read your post and realized you said Mary had called you...just let her know I wish her and Mike a Happy New Year and to give me a call if she feels up to it. Take Care, Linda
Old 01-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #4
Lisa

Mary's hospice phone number is below under "Our friend Mary Crawford."
Old 01-01-2005, 09:41 PM   #5
Lolly

Thanks bunches for the update, and I'm so relieved to hear Mary's improving. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 11:53 AM   #6
*_Cindi_*

Christine,

Thanks so much for the update on Mary. Especially happy that the hospice care is due to pain mgmt. I will continue to keep Mary in my daily prayers. May God speed her recovery and get her home soon!

Cindi
Old 01-03-2005, 05:55 PM   #7
Lisa

I spoke with Mary again today. Yesterday was a bad day for her. Even though she is paralyzed from the waist down, she is getting very painful pin-prick like pains in her legs and feet. How unfair does THIS seem?

She says her sugical incision is healing now and she's feeling so fortunate to be in Hospice for now.

I told her everyone was keeping up with her through this site, and she seemed pleased.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 01-04-2005, 10:29 AM   #8
Lolly

Thanks Lisa, for the update. I sent Mary a card to the hospital and very shortly after that was when she was moved to Hospice, so don't know if she got the card...Maybe someone has the Hospice address and I can send another one?

Love, Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote