HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2004, 07:39 AM   #1
Christine

To everyone who has ever posted on this board of the importance of brain MRI's,
Jackie is the second person to my knowledge who has benefitted from your posts. You can all give yourselves a pat on the back for a job well done. Early diagnosis is the key to brain met treatments.
To all of you Stage IV survivors who have not yet requested your onc to order a brain MRI.
Here is another reason to do it. I will repeat this again: ALL STAGE IV METASTATIC BC SURVIVORS HAVE A 30% CHANCE OF GETTING BRAIN TUMORS. And those who are taking Herceptin, you have a greater chance of surviving longer, but this longevity means increased risk of brain mets.
TO JACKIE,
Jackie to my knowledge there is no difference if the radiation is delivered by Cyber Knife or Gamma Knife. Get on the phone and call the Radiation Oncology Departments of DUKE University (also in NC), MD Anderson, Maxine-Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute in Los Angeles or any other major cancer center and ask the rad/oncs there which treatment is preferable.
Hugs, well wishes and my heart felt congratulations on an early diagnosis,
Christine
If you want the phone / email address of my Rad Onc.. email me at: christine@her2support.org