HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
Lisa

Janelle's family and the sign

Janelle's memorial service is Thursday evening at Owosso's First Church of the Nazarene. Her son and his family live in Owosso at: Bob and Tina Cauffman, 2450 Krouse, Lot 347, Owosso, MI 48867. His cell number (which he gave me) is 989-277-0620.

Janelle had told me she was waiting for a sign. Her sister in law told me this evening that she was very sick the last day or two, but that she was talking to her mother. Her mother passed over many years ago. So we assume Janelle got the sign she was waiting for.

Love and light,

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #2
Audrey

Thanks for sharing that, Lisa. I remember Janelle's posts from when I was newly diagnosed a couple years ago and looking for info. on Herceptin..How comforting to Janelle and her family to know that her mother's spirit was with her to ease her passing...
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:41 PM   #3
Alice

My condolences to Janelle's family.

Alice
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
Lisa

I just spoke with Bob, Janelle's son. First of all, the name is spelled Coffman. And the lot number is 346.

Her family had stood vigil for a couple of days. When they finally went home to sleep for a few hours, Janelle passed. Not unlike what you frequently hear. And she had indeed been speaking with her Mother.

She had decided back in June to stop the chemo. It's side effects had resulted in 3 hospital stays. After she stopped, she felt really good for a couple of months until she started falling (from the brain mets) and her liver started to really grow.

I told Bob that we hope to start a Memorial site here and that I'd let him know if we do.

Love and light,

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #5
Lolly

Lisa, thank you so very much for doing the "heavy lifting" on the news of Janelle. I will be sending the family a condolence card and really appreciate the mailing information. You are so thoughtful.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
karenann

God bless her. Now my aunt has another comrade to help her watch over and protect all of us.

Love and healing prayers to Janelle's family.

Karen
karenann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:22 PM   #7
TriciaK

Lisa, thank you so much for sharing all this with us. I think Janelle's story is a perfect example of why we need a memorial page. Not only was her life inspiring, so was her death, and it needs to be available to share with all of us. I cried when I read it, but I also felt uplifted and at peace. I would like to see a permanent memorial page, so please add my vote to the others. Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote