HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2006, 06:58 PM   #1
RhondaH

Question Question about Dacthal

I just found out that the elementary school I went to has been found to have "Dacthal groundwater contamination" (they uncovered a well that was installed in the early 1970's...this is when I attended the school) as well as many other wells (my fathers house has well water) in the community due to the herbicide (this is a small...pop 1500...farming community) Dacthal. Apparently the school has had a high incidence rate of cancer diagnosis in the teachers (not to mention the students) and there is to be part 2 of the story on the local news tomorrow night and I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of this? Thank you. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:30 PM   #2
Sandy H

We live near one of the biggest landfills in the U.S. I don't know anything about what you mentioned but I do know that our drinking water contamination is a concern here and in many places. In a town 10 miles from me they have water contamination and many people there on just one road have cancer all the same kind. They all got together and went to court but as far as I know nothing was done and no one got any compensation for any of their injuries. It seems too many parties were involved in the area that was contamination as three different companies owned the land in this time frame. No one got charged with any damages. They kept passing the buck and so most of the people are now deceased and the families left behind did not have the money to continue fighting. It is sad but that is how it is some times. The attorney that represented the families told them to move on with their life and enjoy as much of it as possible!!! I hope this doesn't discourge you and keep in mind each situation is different. hugs, Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote