HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
Nicola

Check out 2006 Lilly Oncology on Canvas Kicks Off with a Call for Entries

Hi, I thought this would be a wonderful opportunity for those of you who love art and who have been touched by the awful disease of cancer. It is a wonderful form of therapy and self expression and anyone can enter. Even if you decide not to enter a work of art it is a terrific site to visit. All works of art that are submitted will be judged and prizes will be given to the top three winners, the art work will be displayed in a gallery in London and all submissions will be included in a book. This is a nonprofit organization and all proceeds go to charity. Please click on the link below for all the details, rules and deadline for submissions. I hope many of you will participate and I wish you all the best of luck.

I have the book from 2004 and it is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait for the 2006 book.

http://www.lillyoncology.com

Love,
Nicola
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #2
TriciaK

Thank you, Nicola, for sending out this information. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity to express feelings about our journey through this cancer experience. I definitely value art therapy. I for one am going to do some thinking and dreaming about the possiblity of entering. Even if we decide not to enter, the challenge of putting our experience in artistic form is exciting. It could really be therapuetic and I hope there are many of us who are interested in attempting this, if only for our own catharsis. My first thought when I read your message was that I would be interested in either submitting poetry or three-dimensional art such as clay sculture, but it does say only flat art, so I will have to think it over and maybe try some ideas. No matter what, the whole idea is exciting and I appreciate your telling us about it. I would also like to know where to buy a copy of the finished book. I think it would be very inspirational. Thank you! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:15 PM   #3
aquinis2000

great link

Thanks nicola this is great. I can't wait to get started on something. There are so many things in my head that i would love to get on canvas. Thanks again
aquinis2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:21 AM   #4
Nicola

Check out 2006 Lilly Oncology on Canvas Kicks Off with a Call for Entries

Hi Tricia,

I am so glad that you are excited about this opportunity. I really hope that we get a lot of submissions from our group. I tried to find out where you could purchase the book from but I didn't have any luck, I am going to ask one of the nurses from the Virginia Cancer Institute because she is the one who gave me the book and she said that she could order more. As soon as I find out I will post it.

You said that you were thinking of possibly writing a poem to submit, you can submit one along with your art piece. They like for you to write about your work of art and what it symbolizes or about your journey with cancer. They will print it next to your work of art in the book. You could also do your sculpture that you were thinking of and take a photo of it and submit the photo or have the photo scanned onto a canvas, the possibilities are endless, just have fun with it.

Big Hugs,
Nicola
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote