HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2006, 08:56 PM   #1
Becky

I'm moved

Dear Friends

The move was intense. Packing and being ready on time to sell your house and buy the new one was CRAZY. I haven't moved for 11 years and it was moving (really) 5 adults as my youngest child is almost 15. But, we did it. The movers moved us in yesterday (best money I ever spent by hiring movers) and we were unpacking today. I had to take it alittle easy as my affected side was "bothering" me. My pointer finger swelled (it swells in hot weather when I run - I guess centrifical force) so it swelled today and I had to get it wrapped. But... all is well. My daughter came home from college with some friends to help unpack (especially the kitchen where there is alot of repetitious work).

I am raring to go and miss being with all of you.

Remember there is a chat with Maryanne and me on Sunday at 8pm EST on battling depression and anxiety.

Have a great weekend and think of me unpacking. Just got online again about 3 hours ago.

Beckyh
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
mamacze

Welcome back Becky! Moving can be exhausting so don't overdo it!

Kim from CT
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:48 AM   #3
RhondaH

Thumbs up I'm glad it went well for you Becky...

I got my windows and doors ordered and it will take 6-7 weeks from order to install so I set MY move date for 4/27 AND 4/28 (I like you am hiring movers as mom, Tony and I can't do it). They will move moms things from storage in the am 4/27 (I have Herceptin in the afternoon) and will pack and move 4/28. The weekend before, my cousins are bringing up stuff from my dads house and I am having the appliances delivered (have the house/carpets cleaned the week between as well as transfering phone/cable service the day before the move). I hope that with all my planning, my move will go as well as yours. Now REST...and take your time getting settled...Take care of YOU Glad your back and hope your arm is better. Gotta getting going and get THIS place cleaned as my foot collided w/ Tony's toys (Harry Potter stuff EVERYWHERE).

Rhonda
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
Gina

Congratulations BECKY!!!

I remember when I closed on my house back in April '98...I was bald as a bat from heavy CAF, but thank god I had a good wig and never dared disclose my dire cancer situation to the realtor as having to disclose being a single mom and my income (or lack thereof..smile) was embarrassing enough...ha ha...my favorite quote is that back then I NEVER dreamed I would have to LIVE and PAY the mortgage...but...sigh...live I have and met every single month of payments...smile...somehow. Congrats to Rhonda...she also just closed on a house and to any others of you in the buying/ selling frame of mind...it is the PACKING and MOVING that is the absolute worst...I swear, I will never budge from this house...smile.

Take care one and all,
Gina
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote