HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-20-2006, 12:27 PM   #1
LisaJ

Taxol, Herceptin & Side Effects

Hi. I just finished my second of 12 taxol/herceptin treatments. So far, I feel good, which makes me a little nervous. Isn't that crazy?? I have had minor fatigue, but that seems to be the worst of it. I was wondering when other side effects started to settle in. My doctor told me to expect heavy fatigue as I get more into the treatments. I was hoping anyone could share their experiences~

Lisa
LisaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #2
Tracy

Lisa, I do not have an answer to your question, but want to thank you for the input. I start Taxol/Herceptin tomorrow. I am a little nervous.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
doh2pa
Deceased

Hi Lisa,

I am 15 treatments into an 18 treatment regimen (only 3 more to go - yeah!) which includes herceptin, a taxol like study drug and carboplatin. I do have minor fatigue but do not feel that it has gotten noticibly worse. I really do feel that there are things you can do to combat that - exercise as much as you can, eat a good diet high in iron rich foods, and get lots of rest. I've never felt like the fatigue is debilitating, just always there. After my 9th treatment, I did begin to get some annoying peripheral neuropathy in my hands and feet (brought on by skiing in the Vermont cold for 5 days - my own fault but I'd do it again). I do take 100mg of Vitamin B6, which is supposed to help with that. Not sure if it did (would I be worse without it?) but I don't think it can hurt. And I always feel better when I am doing something to help my body fight (take vitamins, rest, exercise, eat right).

I'm sure your doctor is just trying to prepare you but everyone reacts differently and there is no "magic chart" to predict your side effects. Stay positive and in tune with what your body needs. If you've done alright so far, I'm sure you will continue to tolerate it well.

Donna
doh2pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #4
MCS

LisaJ

For me, it has been the 2-4 day after chemo that hursts. the third treatment was rough.

I take 60mg of Lglutamine powder with juice to help with the neurosis. Can't tell you if it workd because I have not stopped it since I started Taxol.

I agree with B6, it's supposed to help.

If I get in a lot of pain and I've had, I took vicadent for the pain.

I also felt tight chest, which I can't tell if it's taxol ro herceptin or both

Listen to your body. Rest. Don't too many things in one day- let it fly

YOu're dong ok

I ahd the same questions earlier. Do search on the db and you will see my name asking the same. Same fears. You have a lot of company

MCS ( Maria)
MCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
Bev

Hi, just finished up my 12 weeks of T & H. I did do B6, and haven't had pain or nueropathy. I think most of my problems were from the premeds. Benadryl made me feel loopy for 8 hours. Then couldn't sleep because of the steroid which also gave me a red face for a day or so. Gained 8 pounds in 12 weeks and still my stomach always growled. Feeling good now except for nose that runs constantly which is the herceptin. There's light at the end of the tunnel! Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote