HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
Unregistered

A Bit of Reassurance

Hi Everyone
I am 3 years post diagnosis - not mets anywhere in that time. I had a brain scan, abdo/chest CT and Bone scan 18 months ago - all clear. I had a bone scan in December 2005 for a persistent pain in my back - all clear. Even though i only go to the onc every six months now i feel like a whinger. Each time i have had what i thought were some suspect symptoms i have had x-ray/scans and thankfully all have been clear. My problem now is that i have been experiencing some lightheadedness/ dizzy spells - started out every few days and now every day at least once or twice a day. Whilst i do not want it to be anything wrong i am also reluctant to go running off to the doctor have a brain scan (find out that there is nothing wrong) and feeling like the boy who cried wolf. Has anybody else had symptoms of dizziness alone no headache or anything else and had it either go away or found out that it was something more nasty. Any suggestions. Thank You Janet
Old 02-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #2
AlaskaAngel

Janet I was diagnosed in 2002 and am NED but sometimes worry too. There are very simple in-office tests doctors do that help to make a better guess at whether these problems are serious or not, so see if your doctor will give you the standard neurologic testing first. There is also a maneuver they can use that sometimes clears up these symptoms. I try not to freak out too. It is true that some of the people at this site had no symptoms and did have mets to the brain so it is hard not to worry.

A.A.
AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
Bev

Anemia will do that. Cancer is as good as any reason I can think of to whine. I don't think your docs will think twice if you go in for dizziness, even if it turns out to be nothing. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:52 PM   #4
Lolly

I agree with above, you have a valid reason to see your onc, and it's always better to be safe than sorry!

BTW, we all have the same dilema, trying not to seem like a hypochondriac. You just have to make yourself do it, comes with the territory
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:30 AM   #5
sarah

exactly, be safe check it out. also try sleeping on different sides - right side one night, left next night. believe it or not, my neighbor - a masonry laborer - was having dizzy spells and found out it was the crystals in his head and he could help it by alternating which side he slept on! otherwise it's best to sleep on the left side to avoid gerd/acid attacks. just a thought but check it out.
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:27 AM   #6
HavahJ

mets

Get the scan but relax! Many other diseases have dizziness as a symptom, for instance M.S., inner ear infection, eye problems, a slew of neurologic stuff. Dizziness is also a side effect of many drugs, anti-depressants and pain meds. So get a cup of tea and for sure go to the doc. HavahJ
HavahJ is offline   Reply With Quote