HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2005, 10:44 AM   #1
Shaeff

Hi everyone,

Some positive news was the results of all tests came back negative. It hasn't spread to other areas that can be detected. Still have a high chance that it has spread but we can't detect it but at least this improves our chances. We have decided on a chemo treatment.

AC for 4 treatments - each being three weeks long for a total of 12 weeks
Herceptin and Taxotere for 4 treatments - each being three weeks long for a total of 12 weeks.

Then we will reaccess and go from there. I understand that Herceptin may be a long term treatment option and also other drugs. We will decide at that time what we will do. At least the next 24 weeks are layed out.

The port was put in Friday and chemo will start next Thursday.

Good luck to all,

Shaeff
Old 08-28-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
triciak

Thank you, Shaeff! We appreciate hearing the good news. It sounds like you are following the admonition to prepare for the possibility of the worst, but always expect the best. Herceptin is long-range, as you said, but thank heaven for it and that it gives us the possibility of a long range! Please keep us informed. I am sure I am not the only one who will be sending a prayer your way! Hugs, Tricia
Old 08-28-2005, 07:53 PM   #3
christine OZ

well it sounds like you are going for the "best" treatment as reported by the HERA trial. what a fabulous husband to be so involved. Good luck with the treatments and i look forward to reading about progress
Christine
Old 08-28-2005, 09:36 PM   #4
Lisa

Great news! You all are off to the fights. The treatment is a standard treatment and should do great.

Keep us posted.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 08-29-2005, 02:30 PM   #5
*_Christine MH_*

That's great news. I hope that the proven treatment works really well for your wife. As I recall, there might be some trial results in early 2006 from BCIRG006 that will show whether the year-long tail of herceptin is really necessary, so there's no sense in planning too much out.

Best wishes,

Christine