HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-19-2004, 12:14 PM   #1
Jean

I was dx BC in Oct. 1998 on a regular annual Ck up. Mastectomy right side, followed by intensive Chemo for 6 months, radiation afterwards for another 6 mons. NED since 2000. Tomaxifen 20mg daily for all the time. C27,29 went up to 72 in April 2003, CT confirmed mets to right lung, major one was 1cm, plus a few very small ones around. Taxotere/herceptin 3 weeks on one week off started June 2003. After two mons CA 27,29 started to drop, first to 50,then to 42, 27, and finally back to 9 in late NOV 2003. CT showed overall deminis of the small ones, and 9mm of the big ones. But in Dec. 20, CA 27,29 suddenly up again back to 38. CT in Dec. 30 showed fluid in the right lung, and a 0.5 cm on the left side of the lung. Needle test for the fluid showed no cancer cells in Jan. 22, and 90%Fluids abbsorbed itself too.(had very bad cold in late Dec.for almost 4 weeks.).CA 27,29 went up to 52 in late Jan.Swiched to Navelbine/Herceptin with navelbine 2wks on, 1wk off,Herceptin 1/3wks last week.will have CT next week.Anybody has experience of this?
Old 02-19-2004, 12:49 PM   #2
Lolly

Hi Jean,
Although I didn't have lung mets(mine were to skin and lymph nodes), I had a very good response to Navelbine/Herceptin. The side effects weren't too bad: tiredness, low blood counts, thinning hair, and acid stomach(no nausea). I hope you have a good response and your tumor marker gets back down, it is a little scary when it shoots up.
Take care,
Lolly
Old 02-20-2004, 07:47 AM   #3
Hope

I currently am on Navelbine/Herceptin for lung mets. I have been on this chemo since Nov. Last scans in January showed no more growth but no shrinkage either. Onc is giving it a little longer to see if it starts to shrink. I do getlow blood counts and fatigue. Next scans for me will be in late March. I also was on Taxol/Herceptin but tumors grew while I was on this chemo. Hope this helps. Keep the faith. Something out there has to help us.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:54 PM   #4
Jean

Thanks, Hope. Can you please tell me if you had numless finger, or even palm? I had very bad numless right now, and wanted to know anything can help? Also how big is your lung mets? How high is your CA27,29? I am going to have a CT scan next monday, but I just had 2 runs of novelbine/herceptin, do not know if it is too short time to ck! Good luck to you!
Old 02-27-2004, 02:27 AM   #5
Lisa

I haven't had your exact experience, but so far (since Sept.) the Navelbine/Herceptin has worked great for me (liver/bone mets). Hope it does the same for you, Jean!

Love and light,

Lisa