HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-26-2004, 01:53 AM   #1
macamc@zbzoom.net

I have been on 60mg of MS Contin for my bone mets pain along with Vicodin for breakthrough pain. Unfortunately, over the weekend I spend Saturday, Sunday and Monday in bed because I was in so much pain. I was up to taking 7 Vicodin a day and it was doing nothing for the pain. The oncologist increased my MS Contin to 90 mg on Monday evening. Even though it brought my Vicodin down to 4 a day, last night I couldn't sleep due to the pain. So I took 2 Vicodin at 12:30 a.m. which did nothing. Today they put me on Predisone. 60 for 2 days, 40 for 2 days, 20 for 2days and 10 for 2 days. He wants to see if this will help. Has anyone used Predisone for severe pain?

Old 02-26-2004, 02:00 AM   #2
Sheila

Prednisone is used alot for the inflammation, and by reducing it, the pain is also reduced...I have taken the prednisone and vicodin together and achieved good results for pain, although it was post surgery and not for mets.
Hope you feel better and get some relief.
Prayers and Hugs
Sheila
Old 03-01-2004, 09:21 AM   #3
kathleen

i am just being weaned of predisone and experinced quite a lot of pain---onco increased my oxycontin and i also take hydrocodone for break through which usually is every four hours--do you take celebrex? I do as well for inflamation--combo works--hope i helped--