HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
lu ann

Today We Celebrated our 26th Anniversary

My Husband Tom and I celebrated our 26th Wedding Anniversary. When I was diagnosed with mets to my skeleton February 6, 2004, I didn't think I would live another 6 months to celebrate our 23rd anniv. I'm still here and have completed many milestones.

I turned 50 last year. I won a makeover at my beauty shop, complete with highlight, haircut, pedicure, manicure, flowers, and a cake. My oldest daughter wrote a letter for a contest they had about someone who deserved a makeover and I won. The shop does allot of benefits to raise money for good causes.

My children and mother in-law had a party for 65 of our family and friends to celebrate our 25th anniv. last year

My 2 older daughters moved into their own homes. Things have become more peacefull here and we have become closer. When they still lived at home they could not be bothered much with me. My middle daughter would lock herself in her room and not speak to me much. Now she and her older sister both call me almost every day. She wants me to spend the night when her boyfriend goes out of town next week. It will be like a PJ party. My younger daughter, Julie, is trying hard to stay out of trouble. She is hanging around with good people.

Tom and I went on vacation for the first and only time without our children 2 years ago. Yeah they had parties here, but so did I when the cat was away. Like mother, like daughters.

Today I woke up at 4am, which is not unusuall for me. I don't have set sleeping hours. I spent from 7am til 12 noon re-potting some of my houseplants that I'm giving my daughter for her new home. It feels good to plan things out and keep busy. I think it's the decadron still speaking.

Tom and I went to a new resteraunt for a late lunch. They gave us a gift certificate for a free meal (up to 8.50) plus prices are cheaper at lunch time. I had 12 baby clams as an app. and veal parm., cavatelli and a salad. The lunch parm was 10.95 and the dinner would have been 18.95. With our coupon we paid 2.45. I love getting a bargain. I wanted cassada cake for dessert so I took half my veal parm home.

We were going to go to an early movie but we were too late so we did a little shopping. My legs were pretty tired at that point so I drove the cart. I had fun zooming up and down the eilses at Jo Ann Fabric and Walmart. Tom is such a good guy to go shopping.

Before we came home we visited my mother in-law. She passed out in church last week and spent 4 days in the hospital. She found out she has some serious heart problems that are going to be followed very close. She's not alloud to drive for the next 6 months. We are always depending on her and now the shoe is on the other foot. Please keep her in your prayers.

Tom is on vacation this week so we have more time to play. We are celebrating his mom's birthday here with our girls and their boyfriends. It will be fun.

I guess I've rambled on long enough. I just want to let everyone know that you can be happy and sick at the same time. We are all terminal and I can think of so many worse ways to die then cancer. I have been given hope and I also got to know and experience things and people that I never would had, if it not been for cancer.

I love all of you
Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote