HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2004, 02:15 PM   #1
Vicki

Hi all!

Last Oct I was diagnosed w/stage IIIa breast cancer Her2 positive estrogen driven. I was offered to participate in this clincal trial and my randomization came up that I would receive Herceptin. I have had 4 rounds of A/C and April 5th started Taxol and Herceptin. I have rec'd a Herceptin treatment every week since.

All is going well in fact the weeks that I only receive Herceptin I go straight to work after my treatment.

I am very thankful that my name came up to receive this. In fact my oncologist has so much faith in Herceptin that if my randomization came up that I was not to receive it he was going to take me out of the trial and make it part of my regimen.

Prayers to all!
Vicki
Old 05-20-2004, 02:41 AM   #2
Merridith from Canada

Hi Vicki:

I am currently waiting to be randomized in a 3-arm herceptin trial. I was lucky to get in as the trial closes in 1 week.

I am on the trial for early stage cancer (Stage 1c No nodes). Are you in the same one?

Merridith
Old 06-05-2004, 10:53 PM   #3
Meg

Hi
I am stage I no nodes. The ARM I got was Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin. I've learned so much since coming here. Thanks!!
Old 06-09-2004, 08:13 AM   #4
Vicki Z

Hi Meg

That's what I'm on too. I'll e-mail you my lengthy version at your separate e-mail address. How are you doing on the Herceptin-Taxol-Carboplatin? I'm doing a weekly regimen for 16 weeks and actually came back to work last week.

How are you feeling and do you have any effects from it? I'm so glad to hear about you too being node neg. like me and on the same chemo cocktail.

Thanks for sharing your info.

Vicki Z. in So. Calif.