HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2004, 04:03 AM   #1
Debbie Laxague

Well darn. I had my screening appointment made to enter the dHER2 vaccine trial at the Greenbrae California site. They were enrolling the third group - the highest vaccine dose. I'd sent all my records and been accepted " pending screening. They just called to say that GSK has made the decision to stop enrollment in all the centers that did not have ""currently enrolled"" participants - I think that means the ones who were slower to accrue participants" as I know UofW has already completed the trial.

Although not enthused about the travel involved (five hour drive one-way) I was enthused about doing the vaccine trial " on two fronts - the selfish ""I might benefit"" one" " and the more altruistic ""help research"" one.

I lost the Herceptin toss at randomization into NSABP's B-31" and I was beginning to look at the dHER2 trial as a compensation for that.

Maybe there will be more trials? Improved vaccines? I think I'd qualify for the HER2 DNA one in Seattle but that's a far distance from me. Andrea do you know what's in the planning stages?

Regards
Debbie Laxague
(Hi Esther!)

Old 07-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #2
Andrea

Are you sure they're closing? From what you've shared it sounds like they need to submit the safety data of the previous dose to the FDA before they accrue at a later date higher dose. You may want to clarify.........

I'm sure you could fly to Seattle in less than 5 hours!