HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
Ceesun

I hope I did the right thing...this is long!

Her 2 friends, I want to share an experience today that at first made me feel rather good and now I am having some doubts and now I am upset after reading the comments about the 5 year mark. Went for a little stroll and shopping at our local mall and while I was looking in this art store, I heard one of the elderly workers yell theres my sister and went up to this gal who had the chemo look...knit hat, buttoned up coat, tired and pale and started babbling on about cancer. I did not listen to the whole conversation but I think it was BC. As I left the store, I did something really out of my comfort zone. I walked up to the gal, put my arm around her and quietly said, "I am one of your sisters, too and you will be alright." I am rather private so I surprised myself. She said really, I was diagnosed in 03 and recurred. And I said that is the same for me. Maybe out of respect neither of us asked for details. She said chemo is hard and I am so tired. I said yes, of course it is..but we just put one foot in front of the next and push on. She hugged me and said that she met nice people at the mall today and I said me, too I wish you the best..you will be ok. Now I feel like I may have given false hope as we here at Her2 know many who should be alive and are not and some with poor prognostic factors who are doing quite well. I am so upset now and I hate that we are all in this cancer mess...5 year marks are arbitrary and Herceptin is a miracle for some and for others not so much..please do not argue about that....triple positive? er pr negative...it can all change up anyway. Perhaps my first chemo nurse said it best...breast cancer is very unpredictable...perhaps that says it all. I think this is my first rant of a post, so may I also add I hate pink...the wristbands...all of it. I have dark hair and eyes and olive skin so it used to be my favorite color...not for the last eleven years...and I mean no disrespect because I have done the walk and runs. I live it every day and don't need the reminders. Sorry for the rant...hope my small outreach was a good thing....just not so sure. Cathy
Ceesun is offline   Reply With Quote