HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
a241252

Nothing but Hot Flashes now!

Diagnosed in 3/04. I had a mamogram in January 04 but radiologist did not pick up the tumor, I found the lump in March 04, thank God. I am HER2+ and my lump was 1.2cm with 1/13 nodes positive. I was 42 years old, I had a lumpectomy, (2 surgeries), first time did not get clear margins. 4 rounds of a/c and cytoxan then was supposed to do 4 rounds of taxol but could only do 2 of them b/c of neuropthy in my legs. Right now, my surgeon is watching the site because of fluid that keeps building around it, I have had it aspirated once already and will have it done again in November. That makes me nervous but God has gotten me this far! I have an 18 year old daughter and a 6 year old son! He is the product of a failed tubal ligation but a blessing in disguise b/c he really got me through my treatments along with my wonderful husband and daughter! Other than having hot flashes that are just plain horrible I am taking one day at a time. I am going to beat this disease!!!
a241252 is offline   Reply With Quote