HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
michele u

Boston Bound

Me and my mom are off to Boston tomorrow to meet Audrey from the site and her mom! We have met 3 times already. I'm excited to her and her mom again. We are like family. This site has brought us together for a reason. I never had a sister and it feels like i have one now. I'll get lots of great pictures to show you all. I also have another surprise. I bought myself a horse for my 3rd cancer diagnosis! Last year was a puppy, now a horse. I love her already. She is 9 years old and she is as tame as a puppy. My 7 year old rides like the wind already. God has brought her to me. My neighbor that moved in this year brought her over all the time for us to ride. I offerd to buy her, but she didn't want to sell her. Then last sunday she came over and offered her to us. God works in mysterious ways doesn't he. I will send a picture to Joe and have him post it. I feel so alive this week, and i know it's because of the horse.
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:12 AM   #2
Joe
Webmaster

Michelle's Horse

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:48 AM   #3
RhondaH

Smile BEAUTIFUL picture Michele

and have an AWESOME trip. I too did something (but for my post treatment) last year my post treatment present was a treadmill and this year is a day at the day spa, shopping, me time. Have fun, the horse (and the girls ) are gorgeous (I'll show mom the pic as she had a horse just like her named Cherokee...Cherrie for short). Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:52 AM   #4
Kim in CA

Michelle,

Have a wonderful time in Boston. And, congratulations on your new horse! I know exactly what you mean about feeling so alive. Horses have such a healing effect on us. After I have ridden my horse I just feel so energized, even if I am exhausted. I remember back in 2002 when I had just gotten home from having my liver resection, I was so weak, but my husband and sister helped me out to the barn so I could see my horse. I opened his stall door, and he just put his head softly against my stomach and closed his eyes. They are such incredibly sensitive animals. They are my therapy!

Love, Kim in CA
Attached Images

Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #5
mekasan

boston sounds great

Hi Michele,

How have you been? I hope you have a great time in Boston. The last time I went I had a boston cream pie from the Omni Parker House. It was really great. Actually, Sid and I each ordered one "piece", but what you really get is a little personal sized cake, that is definately big enough for two. We had no where to store leftovers, so we were "forced" to each eat a entire cake. It was pretty funny. Also, we went to this Jazz Brunch that was really cool:

Bob The Chef's Jazz Cafe 604 Columbus Ave, Boston, Massachusetts 02118-1057, United States Cuisines: American, Armenian, Barbecue Price range: $21-30 Special features: Breakfast/Brunch Neighborhood: Back Bay Tel: (617) 266-6706 Fax: +1 617 536 0907[*]URL: http://www.bobthechefs.com

I hope you are doing well. You sound like it. Well, seeing that I am clearly hungry, as all my recommendations above involved food, I must be going.

---Shannon

P.S. nice horse...did you "grow" it yourself?
4 cm DCIS
0 nodes
ER-/PR-
Her2+ (5.33 FISH)
AC (4 cycles)
Bi-lat mastectomy w/ lat flap recon + cohesive gel implants
1 year (every 3 weeks) Herceptin
mekasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #6
fourboysmom

Hi Michelle, I'm near Boston- all my treatment is there. Perhaps we could hook up for dinner. Don't know if you'll see this post or not. Love, Janet