HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-17-2004, 12:32 PM   #1
michele u

Has anyone heard this? On tv today i heard a guy talking about acidic and alkaline bodies. He said that when your body is acidic then disease can happen like cancer. But if you'r body is alkaline cancer can not form. What he said we need to do is take things that will help your body get alkaline. The big thing is coral calcium. It states that when your body is alkaline cancer cannot grow. Has anyone else heard this?
Old 10-17-2004, 02:43 PM   #2
Lyn

Hi, I don't know if it is the same, but my alkaline phosphate levels have always been elevated and in the red, even before diagnosis, and noticed when I first got my connective tissue disorder, my immune system tries to kill me off as well, who needs a body like mine?

Love & Hugs Lyn
Old 10-18-2004, 10:01 AM   #3
Sandy H.

As for the quackwatch site anything that is not FDA approved will be found on this site. It doesn't necessarily mean its bad just because it is found here. It is common knowedge that when we get an auto immune disease our body is in an acidic state. Hugs, Sandy
Old 10-18-2004, 12:45 PM   #4
eleanor

It sounds like the infomercial that touts this coral as being the cure for everything.
I would be careful.
el
Old 10-18-2004, 02:00 PM   #5
Lolly

I've heard about this theory for years, and if it was a miraculous cure I think we'd know by now. It's important to remember that the basic premise of the theory, that the body has to have balanced nutrition to maintain health, is true. ANY substance in excess will throw that balance off, and that includes supposedly healthful supplements like coral calcium, soy, certain vitamins and minerals, etc...I have a favorite quote from a cookbook I like:

"Moderation is the key to health and happiness"

Love, Lolly
Old 10-19-2004, 01:27 AM   #6
AlaskaAngel

As with most methods of addressing cancer (including chemotherapy and radiation), pH may be just one of a number of helpful ways to prevent or limit cancer. Do your research as best you can.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:33 AM   #7
Sandy H,

Beware, of anyone making claims for a cure. That is what Bob Barefoot creator of coral calcium is waiting to go to court for making claims that this is the cure for cancer. I don't know if he is still waiting or has been by now. He will probably get sentenced for making this claim. I believer someone has taken over his product line. Hugs, Sandy