HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-15-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
Sue C

My markers are keep going up under gemzar, carbo & herceptin. I still have to get the ct to prove this but I think my doc is assumming that the tumor is still growing. He listed for me few options to ease my mind. Try Doxil, Liver Ablation or couple of other chemo drugs. I've been posting my major prognosis but to refresh your mind,

diagnosed on 6/02
i am her2 3+
er, pr negative
initial treatment - AC, Taxol weekly
history of brain met which seem to be under control (8/03 had surgery and WBR)
navelbine failed
found liver met on 2/04
xeloda failed
now gemzar and carbo failed.

He said for the liver ablation, they will insert something through my groin and basically try to cut off the blood source around the liver tumor. That's all he said about it today.

Has anyone done anything like this?
Any opinions or suggestions to ask my doc?

It's 2:30 am and I can't sleep.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:42 PM   #2
Kristen

Sue C. Hi, I don't know anything about live ablation, but just want to send positive thoughts your way. Its sounds like you have run the gambit, but there are still options available and one of them will work. There has been so much talk lately on ablation and it seems to me that the ones who have gone through it came out with a good response. Hoping yours does to. take care k
Old 10-16-2004, 10:41 AM   #3
judiek

Sue,

I have to many liver mets for ablation. I know many gals from different boards that have had it done. Some are still in remission and for some the cancer returned. If I could have it I would. Best of luck to you and keep us posted. You can do a search on RFA-radiofrequency ablation.

Warmly,

Judiek
Old 10-16-2004, 12:37 PM   #4
smith

Hi, I had liver ablation 1 year ago. Basicly a needle is inserted into the tumor. Then the tumor is heated up and killed. To be a candidate for this the tumor has to be below a certain size and you must have just a few tumors. My doc also would not do it if I had tumors other places. Each doc is different, so I would talk to a surgeon if you are interested in doing this. I had just one tumor on my liver. The RFA was a success, praise God, I have been clean for a year now.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:37 AM   #5
jessica

Hi,
Just wondering if you could share the circumstances that led you to RFA? I have a single liver met(11mm)after a year of NED (inumerable mets prior).I've done 4weeks of chemo & have a PET scan tomorrow.Assuming there's nothing new popping up or growing anywhere, my onc said I could have the spot RFA'd.
Thanks for your insight!