HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-19-2004, 01:15 AM   #1
Anonymous

I'm off tamoxifen, and hopefully soon enough to make a difference for me. But the ethical problem in terms of trying to protect other women who are HER2 +++ and who may also have a high level of AIB1 is still important. As I understand it, the ones that are most at risk are those who are ER- but HER2+++ with a high AIB1 level because once the combination of HER2+++ and AIB1 knocks out whatever protective effects there normally might be with tamoxifen, it can really go to town.

What puzzles me SO much about this is not that the oncs are slow to deal with it (!), but that all of the popular, helpful sites are so mum about it.

Why should we maintain trust in the broader oncologic medical environment unless it is willing to speak to issues like this proactively?
Old 10-19-2004, 01:16 AM   #2
AlaskaAngel

Sorry, I did not intend for that to be anonymous -- I just neglected to enter my name.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:30 AM   #3
AlaskaAngel

P.S. What I said may apply to those who have erroneous results from testing for ER, or whose ER status has changed over time from ER+ to ER-, or possibly those who are only very weakly ER+, (and who are HER2+++ with a high AIB1 level and are on tamoxifen).