HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
LAURIE

Smile OMG!!! I'm PREGNANT

The doctors office confirmed today what I already knew. I took 2 tests on Sat. that were positive. When the nurse practitioner heard my story today she got chills. I am only at 4 weeks. I will talk to my ONC next Tuesday. He wanted me to wait 2 years before trying. I knew in my heart I did not want to wait. I have talked to many of you about the struggle I have of even thinking of bringing a child into the world (with a stage IIIC diagnosis). Well we went for it anyways. Before being diagnosed with BC we had been trying to have a baby for 4 years. At one point I went on fertility and I still did not ovulate. Without help I only ovulated 1 or 2 times a year. When the whole BC came up we could not even preserve eggs because I just would not ovulate. Well after my first A/C I started my period. It continued until mid way through Taxol. It came back 2 months after Taxol. I have been regular ever since. No doctor has been able to explain it. It is normally just the opposite. Last week when I was waiting for my period, I didn't even think pregnancy, I thought that me not having a period meant that my BC was back. Crazy how our brains go right to the negative. So either this is going to be the best story ever or a sad one that I have to make a choice about. Obviously, my biggest fear is that I have a reoccurance during pregnancy. I choose to take the positive route and hang on tight. One thing I do know is that CHEMOTHERAPY has given me something that I never thought was possible. A pregnancy at 37 years old when they said it would not happen. Were celebrating today!!!!!

Laurie
Diagonsed 8/10/06 (found own lump)at 35
Her 2 +++, er-/pr-
4 A/C 8-29-06 to 11-06
Lumpectomy, node dissection- 11/30/06
Pathology report stage IIIC
1 tumor 3 cm
10 of 15 nodes +
12 Taxol 12/18/06-03/06/07
Herceptin 12/18/06- 12/11/2007 done!!! yeah!!!
33 rads started 3/22/07, done!! yeah!! 5/07/07
Lymphedema diagonsed 2/1/07
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
port out 1/10/08
pregnant after 6 yeas of trying- due mid feb.
Ryder David Kessel Hunter born feb.6th 2009

LAURIE is offline   Reply With Quote