HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Joy

Having hope for all in 2009

I wanted to start the new year by expressing my absolute pure love for all of you! This is a swelling from my heart that I feel quite often and felt that it should be shared. Please spend your New Year's Day doing what you enjoy and setting the year up right. In the face of so much of our unhappy situations I can't help but to think that if collectively we do this and cultivate good times and hopeful thoughts (little or grand) it can only help. I am thinking about and praying for all of us a lot today (like most days).

A quick update. Round two of E/C/H/xyzabc blah, blah, blah. SO far I am faring okay. This is so much better managed now as compared to 8 years ago on A/C blleeeechhhh. Hair loss for the 4th time caused some bathroom tears for a few days. Then it just got silly. For a day I looked like a skinny old troll doll, then like a creepy toy from "Toy Story", then like Ramona Quimby's doll Chevrolet (for those children's literature lovers), and now...a baby ostrich. I did not see that look ranked high in Glamour's new looks for 2009, but maybe I could start an haute couture trend.

I did get my hat with hair from "hatswithhair". This is my second one and I do like them. The cap is soft material with real hair in a choice of beautiful colors (mixable and blendable if desired). It is more comfortable than a wig, but you have to wear a hat always. I have swam in mine and in the past. This time though I went brunette with blonde highlights and it is long, but what the heck. I am also going to get a blonde wig in the near future. And then we will really give Luca's neighbors something to talk about-hee, hee, hee.

Anyway I do not know yet how effective this stuff is. I hope to call on Friday for the latest CMP's, CA 27.29 and hope that things are good, duh.

Anyway my very best to all of you and thank you for being there over the years I need you and we all need each other.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote