HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2005, 04:09 PM   #21
Rach

Oops! Sorry Lisa, I have been reading too many posts. I think it was patty that will be going on an adventure!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:37 PM   #22
sassy

Lisa,

Take Tom's advice--remember "Life is like a box of chocolates..."

Maybe you should be "Sassy" in that red outfit. If you weren't sassy you'd be in a brown wig or something lol ( I wear a brown wig sometimes myself.)

I don't know if you are a religious person, but I'd like to share this verse that bouys me when I am down. It is from Jeremiah, Chapter 29, verse 11-13.

"For I know the plans I have for you,"says the Lord."They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray. I will listen. If you look for me in earest, you will find me when you seek me.

Have Faith, I'm praying for us all.

Sassy
Old 08-27-2005, 01:07 PM   #23
SusanAnne

Dear Lisa,

Just the fact that you are the one that has brought this discussion about gives it credence, thank you. It does give us all comfort to know that we are not alone if we go thru a rough patch such as you are dealing with. I think the key is to concentrate on what gives you pleasure.

Thank you Tom for the mental image of that rainbow you were privileged to witness. It made me think that maybe guided imagry might be useful to you Lisa at this point.

I have felt at times that cancer is the only topic I could converse about since that is what my life has revolved around much of the time. I became very sef consious about it and resolved not to be the one to bring the subject up. I don't mind talking about it if someone else brings it up but I could see how it would be a problem if that's all everyone wanted to talk about.

Perhaps doing some research into supplements or other areas of concern you are having will relieve some of your doubts. I know I'm upset with myself for slacking on the exercise as well and felt much better about things after going out and walking a mile yesterday. Make a list of your troubles and some possible solutions. Maybe if you put them in writing they won't seem so overwhelming. I think I may just do that myself!

All my best,
Susan
Old 08-27-2005, 08:40 PM   #24
Gina

This one goes especially to Lisa, Lyn, and Rhonda

YES, YES, YES...reading your reponses made me think that somehow, we should get some sponsors to do one of those TRADING PLACES shows with some of us folks...you know...pick REALLY HEALTHY but whining lazy folks (better yet..pick the REALLY BAD oncologists and get THEM to SIT IN THE CHAIR and ROLL uP their sleeve hee hee hee--bet we would get our tumor markers ASAP after that...giggle giggle) and have them switch with some of us (LYN, you first..wow, what a story...) FOR ONE WEEK....no way they would make it...Both BOOT CAMP and BRAT CAMP would look like a day in Kindergarten hee hee hee. Lisa, what works for me is walking to upbeat music. When I get depressed, I ask myself, when was the last time I walked??? I think walking is good to keep our lymph system moving as with all the surgery many of us have had and all the treatments, this system is always sluggish. Sometimes, I even have a good friend ...ahem...point out that I have NOT been taking my walks as I become UNBEARABLE. However, Tom's suggestion also works for me...I think Sees candy will show a good profit this year. But seriously, Lisa, my apologies if many of my posts have been the ones to depress you. I tend to be too blunt and just speak my mind. It is overwhelming for us all. That any of us have the presence of mind we do is a miracle. Best wishes to us all, Gina
Old 08-29-2005, 10:54 AM   #25
jobnob18822

Hi Lisa,

Right on, I'm about to embark on the toughest journey of my life and am scared but not about to stop, it's a no brainer. Have never gone through chemo and the thought of this being a whole year out of my life is frighting, but the alternative sucks....

I'm trying to stay postive but it gets to you, as you know. Any advice for this poor excuse of a human being whose being so self indulgent at the moment?

Nancy
Old 08-29-2005, 04:13 PM   #26
Lisa

Nancy,

I always hate to "welcome" anyone to our site. But if you found us, chances are you need us.

My advice. Let's see. Learn everything you can about your cancer, including all the statistics, find a wonderful oncologist you trust and can partner with, choose your treatment plan...then throw out all the statistics! Your fight is yours alone. And while no 2 women will have the same exact path, at least her at her2support.org, you have a wonderful group of women and men who are knowledgeable, willing to share, and incredible support.

Remember, too, that is wasn't the actual sky falling that killed Chicken Little, it was fear!

Love and light,

Lisa