HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
ANelson

Going to Nashville for TDM1 trial. Have questions!

I have an appt this Tuesday to go to Nashville to participate in a TDM1 trial. Can anybody tell me what to expect on this first visit? I do not know anything at this point except for what time to be there. They left me a message at home while I was traveling to take my two girls to college!!! How does this work with insurance as well? Since it is a study, how do they bill for all of it? What have been others experiences with TDM1.... Good or bad? Sorry for all the questions. I am just clueless!!!!
Angie
April 2012 stopped Abraxaine, Herceptin only every three weeks. (liver and breast tumors shrank considerably but not NED)
June 2012 CT scan showed enlarged axillary lymph node not responding. Biopsy of node revealed same cancer. Surgeon recommended breast MRI. MRI revealed new area in left breast 6mm. Breast biopsy revealed same cancer. Surgeon not sure if we should do surgery.
7/29/12 CT scan to see if spreading anywhere else. Awaiting results to determine plan of care. Will meet with oncologist 8/7/12
8/7/12 no progression in liver. No evidence of disease anywhere else. Dr recommending TDM1 trial in Nashville. Waiting.
9/18/12 Began TDM1 in Nashville. Hopeful!!
ANelson is offline   Reply With Quote