HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-18-2010, 07:25 AM   #41
Ceesun

Re: Positive stories, please come out of the woods

Bejuce, I am stage four since I was diagnosed with a lung met in 2006 and have been in treatment for much of the time since then-currently, herceptin-tykerb. I, too, worry and go through the "what if' scenarios--and when I read of our men and women here whom we have lost it bothers me more than I can express. I wonder why some do so very well and others do not....But let me say this to you, with the hope that it provides comfort. I was diagnosed 27 years ago with thyroid cancer. I went through surgery and radiation for that. I realize now that I actually had it while pregnant with my first daughter. It was slow growing and was not accurately diagnosed until she was three. Looking back, I was somewhat lucky as it was slow growing and small...but cancer is still cancer.... I went through the same feelings you describe back then especially about my daughter. My daughter will be 30 in a few weeks, I also have a 3 year old grandson, and went on to have another child. So, I guess we do the best we can with our circumstance and move along in our lives. That is what I try to do with my current situation...hope this helps a little. Ceesun
Ceesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #42
Jackie07

Thought I'd bump this one up.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #43
Rich66

Saw another TDM1 success story on another forum.

Mom's treatment history (link)
Rich66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #44
Carol Carlson

Was diagnosed in '04,with 2.2. cm. tumor with 4/18-- positive nodes- her2 positive. er neg. 2 surgeries, 4 doses A/c dose dense, 4 rounds Taxol, 38 rads, 1 year herceptin
6 years out and feeling fine. due to celebrate my 70yr birthday Oct. 11th with husband, children and grandchildren..
Am so busy with life right now, hardly have time to think about that damn CA
All my best , Carol Carlson
Carol Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #45
Diane H

Big Thank you to Marcia for starting this thread and all the survivors who posted.

I am five years out from stage 2b her+ and am doing good. Just had a clear mammo and am trying to lose weight to get healthier.

Hugs, peace to all
Diane H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:23 AM   #46
Gift

Dear Marcia,

I've just found this thread of yours and it certainly is what I have been seaching for. As a stage 3 BC patient, there are a lot of reasons to fear. I do want to live my life happily and staying focus on present, not to think much of what will happen in the future BUT the demon called "cancer", even worse with Her-2 middle name, always drag me out of what I desire.
I do not have any positive story to share yet. On the other hand, you've been giving me hope and inspirations to fight. As per the fact that our dxs are similar, I've been following your great and successful stories since coming into this warm world.
Keep it on and I will be expecting to read your success story years after years. Hopefully I will be able to share mine one day.

Hugs from Thailand
Gift
Lumpectomy on 12 Dec 2010
TCH x 4 (6 are planned but low WBC), 35 hits Radiation, and one year Herceptin
Jan 2014: met to bladder and then liver and lungs
Jan 2014: Operation to remove 3 cm. tumor from bladder
May 2014: started Taxotexe & Tratuzumap (either Herceptin or Herculis, being a part of Mylan research)
Oct 2014, 3: finished 8 cycles of Taxotere & Tratuzumap
Oct 2014, 24: only Tratuzumap every 3 weeks
Jul 2015: progress in bladder - operation and keep on Tratuzumap
Dec 2015: progress in bladder still & met to ovaries
Gift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:29 AM   #47
Lien

Dear Gift,

Glad you found us and that being with us helps. I hope you realize that now that you are getting Herceptin, your chances of survival are probably better than if you didn't have Her2 positive disease. The fact that chemo and herceptin shrunk your tumor from 7 to 4 cm is good news too.

I hope you never have to deal with cancer again after your treatment is over. Are you getting hormonal therapy as well?

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote