HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #21
Paula O

Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

I just made my appointment for my free wash, haircut, and blow dry at my local JC Penny Salon (see ad I posted above) and they mentioned that they also offer free re-styling of wigs to breast cancer survivors the month of October as well, nationwide.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #22
Paula O

Chemo-induced menopausal Barbie after her free visit to the JC Penny Salon in October

Hey, anybody else besides me going to take atvantage of the offer for free hair or wig styling for the month of October for breast cancer survivors at JC Penny Salons? If yes, after you do it, I'd love to hear how your hair or wig turns out--are you happy with it? Getting our hair or wig fixed pretty for the cost of a tip is a great cheerer-upper IMHO.

The stylist who did my hair did a great job. I am sooooooooooo grateful to have hair on my head again! I'm really enjoying all the soft curls which I did not have previous to chemo--sure is an easy hairdo. I'd love for the curls to stay and I know they might not last, but any hair is great hair in my book. Even though I am trying to grow my hair longer and it's still shortish, I've had 3 post chemo cuts so far because the hair on the sides is growing at an accelerated rate faster than the rest and I keep sprouting Bozo the Clown hair wings--Ha.

The hair stylist and whole salon wasn't very busy at all and we chatted while she worked on my hair for about an hour (!) about kids and life, breast cancer, how delicate hair that comes in after chemo is (Tip: NOTHING harsh--she said people who do hair foiling, perms, strong hair dye--gentle dye OK, on this initial "baby hair" can cause it to decinigrate! What a yikesaroozie THAT would be after finally growing back hair!)

Have a great day!

Paula
Old 10-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #23
CoolBreeze

A friend of mine posted on facebook, very upset at JC Penny. She tried to take advantage of the offer, her first cut since she lost her hair. They pretty much ignored her and took all appointments and walk-ins including people who came in after she did. Quite rude if true.

Because of that, I may go and try it myself and see what my experience is. I have a hair stylist I love but right now I don't care what my hair looks like so I want to see what they will do.

I think companies like this - who just do things for the month of October and not year round, are just trying to make a buck off PinkTober, and include themselves in the pink publicity. If they are going to do that, they better make sure they treat a cancer patient well.

If they treat me the way they treated her, I'll blog it and get them some negative publicity.

08/17/09 Dx'd.
Multifocal/multicentric IDC, largest 3.4 cm, associated ADH, LCIS, DCIS
HER2+ ER+/PR- Grade 3, Node Negative

10/20/2009: Right mastectomy, reconstruction with TE
12/02/2009: Six rounds TCH, switched to Taxol halfway through due to neuropathy
03/31/2010: Finished chemo
05/01/2010: Began tamoxifen, the worst drug ever
11/18/2010: Reconstruction completed
12/02/2010: Finished herceptin
05/21/2011: Liver Mets. Quit Tamoxifen
06/22/2011: Navelbine/Zometa/Herceptin
10/03/2011: Liver Resection, left lobe. Microwave ablation, right lobe - going for cure!
11/26/2011: C-Diff Superbug Infection, "worst case doctor had seen in 20 years"
03/28/2012: Progression in ablated section of the liver - no more cure. Started Abraxane, continue herceptin/zometa
10/10/2012: Progression continues, started Halaven, along with herceptin and zometa.
01/15/2013: Progression continues, started Gemzar and Perjeta, an unusual combo, continuing with herceptin and zometa
03/13/2013: Quit Gemzar, body just won't handle it. Staying on herceptin, zometa and perjeta.
04/03/2013: CT shows 50% regression in tumor, so am starting back on Gemzar with dose reduction, staying with perjeta/herceptin/zometa. Can't argue with success!
05/09/2013: Discussing SBRT with Radiology due to inability of bone marrow to recover from chemo.
06/07/2013: Fiducial placement for SBRT
07/03/2013: Chemo discontinued, on Perjeta, Herceptin and Zometa alone
07/25/2013: SBRT (gamma knife) begins
08/01/2013: SBRT completed
08/15/2013: STABLE! continuing with Perjeta, Herceptin, Zometa
06/18/2014: ***** NED!!!!***** continuing with Perjeta, Herceptin, Zometa
01/29/2014: Still NED. continuing with Perjeta, Herceptin. Zometa lowered to every 3 months instead of monthly.
11/08/2015: Progression throughout abdomen and lungs. Started TDM-1, aka Kadcyla. Other meds discontinued. Remission was nice while it lasted.

5/27/18: Stable. Kadcyla put me right back in the barn. I have two teeny spots on my lungs that are metabolically inactive, and liver is clean.

I’m beating this MFer. I was 51 when this started and had two kids, 22 and 12. Now I’m 60. My oldest got married and trying to start s family. My youngesg graduates from Caltech this June. My stepdaughter gave me grandkids. Life is fantastic.
CoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #24
Jackie07

Can't wait to see your report, Ann.

[I haven't been to any salon for ages. Because of the big scar on my head and the very thin hair inherited from my Father, I've been wearing a wig or a cap whenever I am in public places. Could it be the reason why I rarely get out of the house? ]

And thank you, Paula, for the wonderful tips on these fun free ...

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 10-07-2012 at 03:05 AM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:13 AM   #25
Paula O

That's too bad about your friend's experience, Ann. Here's hoping it's an unfortunate isolated negative instance and that the JC Penny offer is a blessing to many, many breast cancer survivors, including you if you go. It sure was for me personally.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #26
Paula O

I saw the resource but don't know anyone who has used this service:

HOPE LODGE

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/Supp...opeLodge/index

Quote from their website:

Facing cancer is hard. Having to travel out of town for treatment can make it even harder. Yet the American Cancer Society has a place where cancer patients and their caregivers can find help and hope when home is far away - an American Cancer Society Hope Lodge.
Each Hope Lodge offers cancer patients and their caregivers a free, temporary place to stay when their best hope for effective treatment may be in another city. Not having to worry about where to stay or how to pay for lodging allows guests to focus on getting well. Hope Lodge provides a nurturing, home-like environment where guests can retreat to private rooms or connect with others. Every Hope Lodge also offers a variety of resources and information about cancer and how best to fight the disease.
Currently, there are 31 Hope Lodge locations throughout the United States. Accommodations and eligibility requirements may vary by location. To find out more about a Hope Lodge, please select a location below. If there is not a Hope Lodge in your area, please call the American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345 for more information. Also you can visit Joe's House for additional lodging resources or enter your zip code on cancer.org's Find Local Resources page and select the category/

Announcements
  • Hope Lodge Staff Awarded National Certification—August 2012
    House Professionals certification recognizes professional competence and quality of services provided to Hospitality House Guests.
    read more >
  • Hope Lodge Volunteer Receives Prestigious Award--April 2012
    Volunteer Tangerine Zielinski has donated approximately 8,000 hours of his time to the American Cancer Society and our mission.
    read more >

Residency at a Hope Lodge facility is a courtesy extended at the sole discretion of American Cancer Society. All individuals who meet the Hope Lodge eligibility requirements will be welcomed regardless of race, creed, citizenship, physical disability, gender, color, ethnic heritage, veteran status, economic status, or sexual orientation. For admissions information, please select a Hope Lodge location.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #27
Paula O

Smile Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

Here is an ad I saw:

"If you are a woman of reproductive age & a US citizen who has received a new cancer diagnosis and wish to undergo fertility preservation PRIOR to the start of cancer treatment, you can now receive certain FREE fertility medications.

Walgreens and Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc. are collaborating to provide free access to certain fertility medications (specifically Bravelle, Menopur, and Novarel) and educational resources including informational guides detailing how cancer treatment affects fertility, access to highly specialized nurses, multimedia materials outlining potential fertility options patients may wish to discuss with their physician, and specialized modules to teach injection training.
Have your physician call Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy at 888-347-3415 with a verbal prescription and the medication will be shipped via UPS to either the physician’s office or the patient. No completion of forms is required."
Old 10-11-2012, 04:13 AM   #28
Paula O

Air Fare:

Air Care Alliance (ACA). Provides listing of nonprofit organizations, nationwide, that fly patients to treatments at no charge. 800-296-1217; www.aircareall.orginfo@nationalpatienttravelcenter .org; Charlee@patienttravel.org

Corporate Angel Network, Inc. (CAN) Free airfare for cancer patients who can walk and travel without life-support or medical attention. www.corpangelnetwork.org

National Patient Travel Center Helpline Gateway leading to options to pay airfare as well as for ground transportation for trips up to 300 miles to get to and from treatment. 1-800-296-1217; info@nationalpatienttravelcenter.org; http://www.patienttravel.org/

Air Charity Network
877-621-7177
www.aircharitynetwork.orgAir Charity Network matches people in need of free air transportation to health care facilities.

Kid’s Wings
810-599-8765info@kidswings.orghttp://www.kidswings.orgKid’s Wings provides free air transportation to children’s families who are in financial and inmedical need of treatment at distant facilities.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:02 AM   #29
Paula O

http://curechief.com/kathy-speaks-fr...-means-to-her/

The Story of CUREchief ® (Copied and pasted from their website)

"It began with some very special people… My daughters Steph and Allie and my best friend Patti. The girls are into the hottest of fashion, and my friend Patti has survived cancer. This simple little triangle of fabric, that we have named the “CUREchief”®, brings HOPE and warm and fuzzy feelings around the world to cancer patients as well as those with Alopecia and other conditions that may cause hair loss. Both children and adults wear the CUREchief®, on their head like a kerchief, or around their neck as a cool scarf. Every CUREchief® is handmade by volunteers, who we refer to as “Caring People Brought Together Through Fabric”® CUREchiefs® are delivered to people of all ages. They are a constant reminder that they are in the thoughts of others who care, and that they are not alone."
***to insure delivery of your complimentary CUREchief you must make a $5 donation to cover their costs for shipping & handling. ***
The CUREchief Foundation Inc. is a non-profit 501c3 charity
Old 11-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #30
Paula O

"Angie’s Spa Cancer Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that funds FREE (in-hospital) massages and other integrative medicine services to men and women undergoing chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. These services are designed to alleviate painful side effects, provide relaxation to enhance traditional treatments, and give cancer patients a self-esteem boost.
Angie’s Spa is a funder only. We are not a retail spa, but rather a non-profit foundation that funds accredited programs in qualifying cancer centers. We distribute a Request for Proposal to the Cancer Center or Integrative Medicine Department of a hospital interested in applying for a grant. Those Centers design their own programs that if funded, will use their own staff or outside contractors. If the Center is selected then we enter into a contract with them. They submit an interim and final report and we are in touch with them regularly for advice and feedback and visit the Center at least once a year, sometimes quarterly depending on the needs and requests of the Center. The Centers also administer a questionnaire to the patients that provide them and us with feedback. They promote and publicize their program and we encourage them to fundraise for it. All the money received in any fundraiser goes directly to their program.
Angie's Spa prides itself on the fact that 100% of our donations go directly toward the patients services at each hospital program. This is possible due to the generosity of the hospitals assuming all overhead costs and pro bono services for the establishment and day to day operations of the organization.
We post current articles in the support of cancer patients using therapeutic massages and other treatments. Please visit the Research In the News section under Calendar and News on this website for more information as well as our Facebook page. You can also follow us on Twitter @angiesspa.

Program Descriptions
New Grants awarded for 2012-2013 are as follows:

1. Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Northridge, CA- $40,000, a continuing grant to provide FREE therapeutic massages for men and women with any type of cancer, inpatients and outpatients. In addition Northridge has been offered a matching fundraising grant of up to $3000.
2. Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT- $25,000, a contiuning grant to provide FREE therapeutic massages, acupuncture, reflexology and yoga for all as well as manicures and haircuts for inpatients.
3. Southampton Hospital, Southampton, NY- $7500, a continuing grant to provide FREE therapeutic massages and reiki for outpatients undergoing chemotherapy.
4. Health Alliance Hospital of U Mass Medical Center, Fitchburg MA, $15,000- a new program providing FREE therapeutic massages, acupuncture and therapeutic yoga for outpatients http://healthalliancefoundation.org/...nds-Sinon.aspx
5. MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston TX- $21K for a continuing grant to provide FREE massage therapy and Acupuncture services for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Services also offered to caregivers of patients.
6. University of Miami Sylvester Cancer Center Deerfield Beach, FL-$20K grant to provide FREE therapeutic massages to outpatients."

(Copied and pasted from: http://angiesspa.org/
Old 11-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #31
Paula O

http://firstdescents.org/

This looks like sooooooooooo much fun to me! I'm past their age guideline at 54 but I called and inquired about the age restriction and spoke to someone at First Descents who said to apply anyway, that there is talk that they might expand that in the future. My friend went on a surfing weekend recently with them and loved it. The description below is copied and pasted from their website. Anybody here go on one of these trips or interested in going? First step is to apply!
Paula

"First Descents offers young adult cancer fighters and survivors a free outdoor adventure experience designed to empower them to climb, paddle and surf beyond their diagnosis, defy their cancer, reclaim their lives and connect with others doing the same.
Our programs are all over the country and range anywhere from 2 days to 1 week. Any young adult with cancer is eligible regardless of physical challenges, diagnosis or prognosis!"
Old 11-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #32
Pray

Paula, You look just beautiful in your new pic!
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:30 AM   #33
Paula O

Thanks, Nancy! You are an encourager. That other picture was me in a wig last year and I sure am thankful to have my own hair again! Hip Hip Hooray for hair! All hair is good hair in my book.

Here's another resource that looks great to me:

http://www.indiegogo.com/CancerRelief
"You Can Thrive"
Free Integrative services in New York City (Interesting brief video clip of survivors)
Old 11-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #34
Paula O

Copied and pasted from: http://www.magnoliamealsathome.com/

"Magnolia Meals at Home™ is a free meal delivery program that provides nutritious meals for patients living with breast cancer and their families. Currently, the program is for patients who live within a predefined area of Rockland and Bergen Counties, NJ, Westchester County, NY, and Andover, MA, and is a partnership between Magnolia: the Eisai Women’s Oncology Program, CancerCare, Cancer Support Community and Meals On Wheels Association of America (MOWAA).
Breast cancer treatment is often accompanied by challenges, which can make it more difficult to manage everyday tasks, such as food shopping or preparing meals. But meals with loved ones are important for everyone to come together, enjoy one another’s company and strengthen the family bond. Magnolia Meals at Home is a meal delivery program that aims to help patients by providing nourishing meals to households affected by breast cancer so loved ones can spend more quality time together.
Through the program, currently being piloted in and around Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey and Andover, Massachusetts, participants will receive up to 6 monthly home meal deliveries, each of which will include up to 7 meals that are designed to meet the nutritional needs of people living with breast cancer, and up to 10 meals for family members.
Magnolia Meals at Home is brought to you by The Eisai Women’s Oncology Program - Magnolia, in collaboration with CANCERcare, Cancer Support Community (CSC) and Meals On Wheels Association of America (MOWAA)

Enrollment in Magnolia Meals at Home is Simple and Direct!
Magnolia Meals at Home is being piloted in and around Woodcliff Lake, NJ and Andover, MA. Metastatic breast cancer or breast cancer patients in these areas are eligible to enroll if they meet at least one of the following criteria*+:
  • Currently undergoing chemotherapy, radiation or hormone therapy
  • Underwent chemotherapy or radiation therapy in the last 3 months
  • Has been discharged from a hospital (admission was cancer related) in the last 3 months
  • Receiving adjuvant or neoadjuvant treatment
*This can include men or women diagnosed with breast cancer
+There are no requirements for financial need to participate in the program "
Old 11-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #35
Paula O

http://www.bethesdaskincare.com/pres...hp?magazine=76

Free bar of Bethesda sunscreen soap for cancer patients
Old 11-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #36
Paula O

http://www.cupwithlove.org/
"The Cup With Love Project was founded in a living room, over a cup of tea and amongst good friends. Inspired by simple, but thoughtful acts of kindness bestowed upon her during her cancer treatment, Cup With Love founder, Molly Ximenez was inspired to share that same compassion with newly diagnosed cancer patients. The concept of gifting a tea cup to those on a cancer journey, or those whose lives have been impacted by cancer, grew from these humble beginnings and today has profoundly touched the lives of individuals world-wide.

Molly's vision lead to the formal creation of “the Cup With Love Project” in 2005, as a recognized not-for-profit organization. Since then, the Cup With Love Project has collected cups, wrapped and provided those gifts of love to thousands of cancer survivors undergoing treatment. Thanks both to the continued efforts of Molly and a band of loving volunteers, the same acts of compassion and kindness continue.

Sacramento, California (USA)-based, the Cup With Love Project serves to empower those traveling through their cancer journey with love and hope, by letting them know they are not alone and that they have the inner strength to fight the fight through the Cup With Love Project community."
Old 12-01-2012, 02:39 AM   #37
Paula O

Removed info on a non profit no longer active
Old 12-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #38
Paula O

Tips for managing the financial cost of caregiving

http://www.curetoday.com/index.cfm/f...-of-caregiving
BY ELIZABETH WHITTINGTON | JUNE 24, 2009
In Hard Times, caregivers learn the cost of cancer caregiving can be both expensive and surprising. Not only do caregivers and patients deal with lost wages, co-pays, and deductibles, but also the hidden costs, such as travel expenses, support services, and special meals, in addition to time spent on researching, coordinating appointments, and endless hours on the phone with insurance companies. Caregivers who don't live with the patient must also factor in time away from work or their own family, possible travel and lodging expenses, and paid help when they are away from the patient.
Here are a few financial tips to get caregivers over the hump:
1. Set up a free website, such as CaringBridge, Lotsa Helping Hands, Share The Care, and the Patient/Partner Project, for your support team (and have them invite their friends and family who can help!) to let them know when you need help with child care, transportation, meals, errands, and other services. Many times people want to help, but they don't know how to ask or what to do. Having a list of needs available to everyone will prevent 15 calorie-rich casseroles on your doorstep the first week.
2. Several organizations offer free or discounted rates for travel and lodging if a patient must travel for treatment. Corporate Angel Network offers free rides for patients traveling to treatment. Joe's House offers discounted hotel rooms, and the American Cancer Society's Hope Lodge offers free lodging for patients and caregivers.
3. Tap into services that help pay for cancer care, such as the Patient Advocate Foundation's Co-Pay Relief and various drug assistance programs.
4. It may take time, but it's worth keeping insurance statements, bills, and medical records organized. Follow a strategy to make sure you're getting the most out of your insurance plan.
5. Take advantage of tax exemptions for cancer expenses, including mileage and transportation costs associated with treatment.
6. It may take some searching online, but there are grants and services available through various local organizations that may help pay for child care, house cleaning, transportation, and other basic needs. Your local hospital and non-profit cancer organizations may also have information on these services.
7. Look into services and grants provided by non-profit organizations that focus on your cancer type. For example, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society provides financial assistance to patients in significant financial need, and the Colorectal CareLine Financial Aid Fund provides assistance for travel, lodging, and child care.
8. Don't hesitate to flash the "cancer card" sometimes, even if the patient is past treatment. Ask about special discounts provided by companies for products or services used during cancer treatment. Many airlines offer discounted rates if traveling to a specific hospital. Childhood cancer survivors (and children of adult cancer survivors) are eligible for specific college scholarships from various organizations.
Know any other tips to help shoulder the finanical burden of cancer caregiving? Please add your own!
------------------

Has anyone looked into college scholorships for children of cancer survivors? If yes, please do share those resources here.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #39
Paula O

Copied and pasted from: https://www.thelydiaproject.org/secure/requestatote.asp
Lydia totes are always free of charge to any woman currently undergoing any kind of cancer treatment anywhere in the world, and include twelve months of ongoing support as needed. Requests for recipients outside the Augusta, GA area are asked to pay shipping charges. . Each tote is unique and constructed by dedicated volunteers. The tote will include a card with your name as the requestor and will be shipped the next business day.
Tucked inside each handmade bag is an inspirational journal, lotion, and other supportive items. In the front pocket is a card indicating the name of the volunteer seamstress as well as a prayer request card.
All information regarding the tote recipient is kept confidential. If she would like further support she may return the Prayer Request Card enclosed in her tote. On this card women may list specific prayer concerns and ask for notes, phone calls and e-mails from the Lydia support team. *Please note: Totes are not mailed within the Augusta, GA area. If you are requesting a tote for yourself or someone who lives in the Augusta area, please come by the office at 2501 McDowell Street or call the agency at 706-736-5467 (weekdays 9am-3 pm M-F) to request local delivery. A Lydia volunteer will bring the tote directly to you or your loved one.

Emergency Relief Services

Often women coping with cancer need financial help as they struggle to afford insurance co-payments, do not have drug coverage, or temporarily lose their income while fighting their illness. At The Lydia Project they are not alone. Lydia's Emergency Relief Services provides funds to help stop evictions and utility shut-offs or help with prescription costs for women coping with cancer. This service was implemented with seed funding from the CSRA Women in Philanthropy.

To be eligible for this program women must reside in Aiken, Burke, Columbia, McDuffie, or Richmond County and currently be receiving treatment for cancer.

Two services are available:
  • Up to $500 for past due rent/mortgage and/or utility bills
  • Up to $150 for prescription drug assistance at Barney's Pharmacy
Women referred to Lydia also receive a handmade tote filled with encouraging items and monthly correspondence if the recipient chooses to request ongoing support.

To Apply for Funds

Physicians can complete and sign a Emergency Relief Services Referral Form and fax completed form to 706.736.5142. A staff member will promptly follow up on the request. Individuals or physicians with questions please e-mail contactus@thelydiaproject.org
Old 12-24-2012, 05:06 AM   #40
Paula O

Memories of Love provides a 5 night, 6 day respite in Orlando, which includes 3 day passes for the wish recipient and their children through age 16 to a 1 day pass to Sea World and a 2 day pass to Universal Studios. Also included are hotel accommodations, discount meal vouchers (based on availability) at select restaurants and $200 to help defray the cost of food, gas, parking, etc.

http://www.memoriesoflove.org/how-to-apply.html

Who may be nominated for the Memories of Love wish respite trip?

You may nominate yourself if you meet the following criteria:
  • Have been medically diagnosed with a life threatening illness
  • Have children 16 years old or younger