HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2003, 05:51 AM   #1
Sandy

For those of you who are using neurotin for nerve pain in chest and arm how much are you taking? I may ask my doctor for some. Hugs, Sandy
Old 12-03-2003, 11:17 AM   #2
Leslie

Hi Sandy,
I take Neurontin 300 mg capsules 2 or 3 per day. I actually take them for neuropathy in my feet from diabetes, but I have the same sort of burning nerve pain in the back of my arm from the damage done to the nerves from the lymph node dissection and radiation therapy for BC. I have more pain in my feet than my arm - I was unable to have either one of the Taxanes for chemo because of the neuropathy I had already. This dose of Neurontin is relatively low. Neurontin is actually a seizure medication that happens to work well with nerve pain. Hope this helps. It would certainly be worth trying. I have no side effects from the drug.
Leslie
Old 12-03-2003, 11:34 AM   #3
Sandy

Hi Leslie: Thanks for the info. I am not sure what I want to do with it. As for the neuropathy in your feet from diabetes I have several friend that wear the Nikken magnetic insoles. That helps them. I get some of my supplements from Nikken so I am a distributor and my ID# is 165 48 1700 this allows you to enter the site and look around. There is some research on magnetics and diabetes. You may already know. Hugs, Sandy
Old 12-03-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Linda in Calif

Hi Sandy: My Onc. prescribed Neurontin 600mg 3X a day for the nerve pain I had that radiated from my shoulder down my arm and into my hand. I know that it is an anti-siezure medication but it sure took care of the nerve pain I had. I only took it for about a month and after that the pain seemed to have resolved itself so I discontinued use. I still experience some pain from the mild lymphadema I have but it is a different type of pain from the pain I had right after surgery that I used the Neurontin for. I don't know if this has been of any help to you. Hope you feel better soon. Take Care, Linda
Old 12-04-2003, 10:10 AM   #5
Sandy

Hi Leslie: What were you able to have for chemo? I hope it worked for you? Hugs, Sandy
Old 12-04-2003, 11:49 AM   #6
Leslie

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for sharing the info about the magnetic insoles. I haven't had a chance yet to look at the web site that you gave me access to.

I received Adriamycin and Cytoxan for 6 cycles (instead of the usual 4), followed by radiation. It has been two years exactly and so far everything is OK. Year 49 was quite a year - diagnosed with diabetes in the spring and breast cancer in the fall! Am very thankful to be doing well.
Blessings,Leslie