HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2003, 07:34 AM   #1
Hope

Well, I want to tell you ladies, I had my portocath inserted yesterday under local anesthesia like I wanted. It was not bad at all except that it was put in by a resident(I think) with the doctor guiding her all the way. That's the part I didn't like but since I go to UCSD, a teaching hospital, I guess they do those kinds of things. I was very sore last night and in pain, but today, I got chemo and it feels much better. Thanks for all of your support and knowledge. That helped me a lot in making my decision. Now, lets hope and pray the Navelbine works on my tumors. One question, I think I read it on this website about lidocain(sp). I think I read that if you let them put lidocain when you get your blood drawn for count, that it might read wrong or false counts. Have any of you heard of that?
Love and prayers, Hope.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:16 AM   #2
Sandy

I think lidocane is the spray they spray on when they insert what ever it is called to insert the needle. I don't let them use it. It feels cold to me and doesn't do anything for me. Some people like it and some don't. I don't know anything about it. Hugs, Sandy
Old 12-05-2003, 02:05 PM   #3
Jackie

Lidocain was the numbing ingredient in the cream called Emla that I have used since last summer. No one has ever mentioned any impact on tests, but Emla is now off the market for a packaging issue. I thought I might try Solarcain or Orajel to see how they work, but will also try that spray. The stick hurts and I'm a chicken! Best of luck to you!